- Changes for tonight’s kids activities: On Wednesday, October 3, children in K-4th grades will be meeting at Holthus Plaza at Concordia University (the fountain and bench area between Janzow and Thom). They’ll be visiting students along with our comfort dog, Nicodemus, and inviting them to worship at The Rock. Please bring your children by 6:30 and pick them up in the same location at 7:30. Pre-K students will still meet at The Rock. Middle school students in 5-8th grades should meet at Zabka Funeral Home (410 Jackson Ave) at 6:30. Parents should pick them up from the funeral home at 7:30.
Also, on both October 17 and 31 there will be no Stepping Stones or FaithInk.
- NYG Fundraiser: Family Friendly Meals Saturday Oct. 13! Come to Bottle Rocket Brewing for Lunch 11:00-2:30 and watch the Husker game on the big screen. Or come for supper 5:00-8:00pm and listen to the Firehouse Five brass band play. Serving: brats/hot dogs, chips, carrots, & cookie. All drinks sold separately by Bottle Rocket Brewing, including water, pop, and craft root beer. All proceeds from the meals will go to the accounts of the Youth involved who are attending next summer’s National Youth Gathering. Coordinator: Julie Berry firstname.lastname@example.org Those who are interested in attending the Gathering can sign up for this fundraiser and get other news at our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1627906407461002/
- October is Pastor Appreciation Month! Be sure to thank Pastor Meyer and his family for all they do for our forever family at The Rock!
- LIFE CHAIN SUNDAY is OCT. 7. 2:00 -3:00PM – West side of Court House
What Is Life Chain? It’s a “prayer chain” and public (sidewalk) witness against abortion. Come, let us seek God’s divine intervention for the healing of our community and nation. Who Should Attend? The Seward area Christian Community and all who are willing to defend human life against abortion. Bring the family, including a chair for elderly relatives
Let Us Pray:
- For our personal repentance and for spiritual awakening
- For the unborn’s protection and for legalized abortion to end in U.S.
- For God to convict and save abortionists and all who defend them
- For all who witness our Life Chain, that their hearts will be touched
- For our Christian leaders to extol Godliness, whatever the cost
- For our public officials, that they will uphold justice and righteousness
- For God’s anointing and divine use of 1550+ Life Chains in America
- There will be a Comfort Dog meeting on Sunday, Oct. 14 after church at 11:20 am in Room 217.
- It’s time for rice as our Blue Valley Food Pantry collection box with our October item of rice. Add some to your shopping list and bring it along to bless others. The collection box is in The Rock cafe.
- We have faith growth opportunities on Sunday mornings: Going Deeper, room 213, 8:45 with Pastor Mike; Women’s study, room 217, 8:45, with Ann Schranz.
- Women’s Midweek Bible Study: If you are free in the mornings, there is a Bible Study open to all women. We meet every Thursday morning from 10:15 am-11:30 am in the Rock Café. There is no homework! We study a Proverbs 31 devotion and usually have time for prayer. We would love to have you join us. Please email Sara Moll at email@example.com if you are interested in joining us or if you have any questions.
- Yoga at The Rock: Marge Rhodes is now teaching Yoga at The Rock on Thursdays at 5:30pm. All are welcome! YogaFaith with Sara Moll and Erika Rolf meets in Room 216 on the following dates: Tuesdays at 5:30 pm October 2 – Sara teaches, October 9, 16, 23, 30 – Erika teaches. Fridays at 9:45 am October 5 – Erika, October 12, 19, 26