- A Meal Train sign up has been set up for the Parry family (Ike & Holly) to help lighten their load while Holly is recovering from an upcoming surgery. If you would like to minister to the Parry family by providing meals as Holly recovers, please sign up at this link to bring them a meal. If you don’t live in Lincoln or can’t help out by providing a home-cooked meal, then restaurant or grocery delivery gift cards (Walmart/Hy-Vee, etc.) would also be much appreciated! They can be mailed to the Parry family at 1724 Belford St., Lincoln, NE 68521. Someone from the congregation will also be taking them several meals that can be frozen and stored.
A Meal Train has also been set up for the Boggs family (Seth and Megan) to help them while Megan is undergoing treatment. If you would like to minister to the Boggs family by bringing them a meal, please sign up at this link. Just as with the Parry family, restaurant or grocery gift cards would also be a help. Delivery info is available on the Meal Train link, and questions can be directed to Kim Myers or Jen Janousek.
Questions and/or gift cards can be given to Jen Janousek or Kim Myers if you don’t see one of the Parrys or Boggs. Let’s bless these families during this time!
- The Rock’s Guatemala Mission Team will be selling t-shirts as a fundraiser. The shirts will have The Rock’s logo and “Saved to Serve” on them and are available for $15 in different colors. They’ll be on sale until March 19 with orders taken at a table in The Rock Cafe. (Make any checks out to “The Rock”)
- Our amazing Nicodemus Comfort Dog is going to be 4 years old and the community of Seward is invited to his birthday party open house at The Lied Senior Center, at 1010 Manor Drive, Seward, on Sunday, March 29th from 4pm-6pm. We will have a hot dog meal and birthday cake. No tickets are needed — we’ll have a freewill offering collection at the door.
- Join the Seward County Pro-Life Council on Saturday, March 14 at 7:00 at the Seward Civic Center auditorium for a special speaker addressing the topic “Conceived in Rape: From Worthless to Priceless.” Rebecca Kiessling is a pro-life speaker who will talk about her story of being conceived in rape, nearly aborted, but protected by the law and later adopted. Learn more about her story and organization, Save the 1, at their website.
- Concordia University, Nebraska’s Art Department will be holding Saturday School morning sessions for elementary and middle-level students to learn about and create art. The sessions will be taught by Concordia students enrolled in Methods of Art Education and observed by professor and department chairman Don Robson. The sessions, available to Pre-kindergarten through 8th grade students, are divided by age group. Each session will be based on a discipline-based art education unit plan, addressing art history, aesthetics, constructive criticism, and art making.
All sessions will run from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. The classes will be held on Concordia University’s campus in Brommer Art Center, Room 123. A $5.00 fee per student is required for registration and supplies. Each session has 25 seats available. Please dress your child in clothes that can get messy. The dates for Saturday Art School for Spring Semester, 2020 are: March 28: Pre-Kindergarten; April 4: Kindergarten; April 18: 1St & 2nd Grade; April 25: 3rd & 4th Grade; May 2: 5th – 8th Grade *Note: Registration is online. To register your child/children please follow this link: https://go.cune.edu/saturdayartspring20
- We need donated bags of ice melt to help keep our sidewalks and steps clear this winter. Please drop them off in the designated area to the left of the main stairs. Are you willing and able to help us clear sidewalks this winter? Contact Tim Moll or Tim Butler to volunteer. (High school students in need of service hours can log some by doing this!)
- Greeters are needed to welcome people on Sunday mornings to our worship service. No experience necessary! Sign up is easy — just visit this link to sign up. Pick the date(s) that work for you. On that date be here around 9:45 with a warm smile! Name tags are on the Cafe counter.
- Every month we collect items for the Blue Valley Community Action Pantry. The collection box is in The Rock cafe and our community appreciates your generosity. We’re collecting soup for the month of February and we’ll start collecting peanut butter in March.
- Join us for some faith growth opportunities on Sunday mornings before the service: Going Deeper meets in room 213, 8:45 with Pastor Mike.
- The Ladies’ Bible Study, Morning Amigas, meets from 10:00 to 11:30 on Thursdays in the Rock Cafe. Questions? Contact Karen Hoffbauer (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Marcia Newsome (email@example.com).
- Everyone is welcome to YogaFaith – flow and stretch with Erika or Sara at The Rock (237 South 3rd). YogaFaith has moved into its new room at The Rock! Where: Room 120 (located in the north east corner of the basement of The Rock.)
Directions from south parking lot: Enter the south doors, walk past old Yoga room. Keep walking to the staircase at the end of the hall. Walk down the ½ flight of stairs, turn right, walk down another ½ flight and the room is to your left. Directions from the east parking lot: Eventually we will recommend that everyone park in the east parking lot and enter through the north doors. This is the quickest way into the room. Enter through north doors, go down ½ flight of stairs on your left and the room is on your left.
Shoes and coats: There are hooks outside of the room to hang coats and a small hallway to put your shoes. Bathrooms: There are no bathrooms in the basement. Please continue to use the Bathrooms on the second floor.
Join us for an all-levels Christian yoga class to help you focus and connect with Him while you strengthen, stretch and balance. Please bring a mat, if you are able, but we do have mats that you can borrow. Classes meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 5:30 p.m. and Fridays at 9:00 a.m. Also, on Sunday nights at 7:00 p.m., join us for a gentle and relaxing Candlelight YogaFaith class at The Rock. These classes focus on stretching and slow movements. They are Christ-centered, restful and appropriate for all levels. First class is free; after that it is $5.00 per class. Please arrive at least 5-10 minutes early in order to settle into your space.
If you have any questions about The Rock, need information about our events, or anything else, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, if you have a prayer request to submit during the week (or anytime) send it to email@example.com. Our prayer warriors will receive these, as well as Pastor Mike Meyer.