- Plan to stay after the service on September 29 for a potluck lunch, followed by a voters’ meeting to review and approve the 2019-20 ministry plan and review needed building repairs. We’ll give you more information about what food to bring soon!
- We have started our Wednesday faith building activities for Stepping Stones (3 years – 4th grade) and FaithInk (5th-8th grade). Learn more about Stepping Stones and Faith Ink on our website, and register your kids by clicking on the “Register Here” links–it’s not too late for your kids to join us! Families with high school students can learn more about our Godparents program here. If you would like to know more about these activities for kids and teens, contact Pastor Mike.
- It’s football season! Come join some of the men of The Rock at the Sparetime during football game halftime for devotions.
- We are still in need of people willing to assist us in keeping our grass in good shape. We’ve been gifted a beautiful new riding lawn mower–now we just need people to ride it! To sign up, talk to Tim Butler or visit this link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e044eaaa62da4fb6-rock
- We are seeking greeters to help connect people before worship services. Do you like to meet and visit with people? Would you like to use your gift of hospitality at The Rock? Then YOU are needed! To sign up to greet, please click here. Contact Diana Boring at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Every month we collect items for the Blue Valley Community Action Pantry. The collection box is in The Rock cafe and our community appreciates your generosity. We are now collecting boxed meals for September.
- Join us for some faith growth opportunities on Sunday mornings before the service: Going Deeper meets in room 213, 8:45 with Pastor Mike. A 4 week couples’ study from “Simply One In Marriage” is beginning on September 15th in room 217 starting at 8:45. More information about the study can be found here: http://simplyoneinmarriage.com/
- Ladies’ Bible Study, Morning Amigos, meets from 10:15 to 11:30 on Thursdays in the Rock Cafe. Questions? Contact Karen Hoffbauer (email@example.com) or Marcia Newsome (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Everyone is welcome to YogaFaith – flow and stretch with Erika or Sara in Room 216 at The Rock (237 South 3rd). Join us for an all-levels Christian yoga class to help you focus and connect with Him while you strengthen, stretch and balance. Please bring a mat, if you are able, but we do have mats that you can borrow. Classes meet on Tuesday and Thursday at 5:30 p.m. and Friday at 9:00 a.m. Also, on Sunday nights at 7:00 p.m., join us for a gentle and relaxing Candlelight YogaFaith class at The Rock. These classes focus on stretching and slow movements. They are Christ-centered, restful and appropriate for all levels. First class is free; after that it is $5.00 per class. Please arrive at least 5-10 minutes early in order to settle into your space.
Below you will find the September YogaFaith schedule. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Candlelight on Sundays at 7:00 pm – September 15, 22, and 29 (no class on Sept. 1)
All Level YogaFaith on Tuesdays at 5:30 pm – September 17, and 24
All Level YogaFaith on Thursdays at 5:30 pm – September 12, 19, and 26 (no class on September 5)
All Level YogaFaith on Fridays at 9:00 am – September 13, 20, 27