- The first night of faith building activities for Stepping Stones (3 years – 4th grade) and FaithInk (5th-8th grade) will be September 11 from 6:30-7:30 at The Rock on level 2. Learn more about Stepping Stones and Faith Ink on our website, and register your kids by clicking on the “Register Here” links. Families with high school students can learn more about our Godparents program here. If you plan for your children to attend, but have not yet registered them, please visit the links above and register them–even if they are returning students.
- Adopt-a-Bulldog! This program connects Concordia students with families at the Rock! Sign up on Sunday using the sheets in the Rock Cafe or email firstname.lastname@example.org. After Sept. 8 the students will be matched up with families and those who signed up will be contacted.
Students: Get to know some Seward locals, have someone to sit by at worship, enjoy a home-cooked meal or some baked goods, be a “big brother or sister” to any young kids in your “adopted family,” know that you have someone close by cheering you on, supporting you and praying for you!
Families: Get to know a Concordia student, invite them over for a meal or out to lunch after church once in awhile, make them a “finals-week” goodie basket or bake them a cake on their birthday, attend their sporting/performing arts events when you can, support and pray for them!
- Starting September 9, join some of the men of The Rock at the Sparetime during football game halftime for devotions.
- Did you know that there are four opportunities in Nebraska for students to get connected to Lutheran student ministry and deepen their faith? Holy Cross Campus ministry in Kearney, University Lutheran Chapel at UNL, Living H20 Campus ministry in Omaha, and Cup of Grace in Wayne are all eager to connect to your college students and keep them growing in their faith while they’re away from home. You can learn more about these ministries at http://www.ndlcms.org/district-ministries/ or ask Kim Myers or Rich Boring for more information.
- We are still in need of people willing to assist us in keeping our grass in good shape. We’ve been gifted a beautiful new riding lawn mower–now we just need people to ride it! To sign up, talk to Tim Butler or visit this link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e044eaaa62da4fb6-rock
- The Concordia University Men’s Basketball Team would like to invite all boys going into grades 3rd thru 8th to a Sunday Night Youth Basketball League (SNYBL) beginning September 8th. This league provides young basketball players the chance to compete in a game environment against players of similar age – all within a Christian atmosphere. A great opportunity to develop your basketball skills and get ready for the upcoming season! To register or for more information, go to www.CUNE.edu/SNYBL or call 402-643-7310.
- We are seeking greeters to help connect people before worship services. Do you like to meet and visit with people? Would you like to use your gift of hospitality at The Rock? Then YOU are needed! To sign up to greet, please click here. Contact Diana Boring at email@example.com with any questions.
- Every month we collect items for the Blue Valley Community Action Pantry. The collection box is in The Rock cafe and our community appreciates your generosity. We’ll start collecting boxed meals for September. If you still have some canned fruit, which was our August item, feel free to add that to the box as well.
- Join us for some faith growth opportunities on Sunday mornings before the service: Going Deeper meets in room 213, 8:45 with Pastor Mike. A 4 week couples’ study from “Simply One In Marriage” is beginning on September 18th in room 217 starting at 8:45. More information about the study can be found here: http://simplyoneinmarriage.com/
- Ladies’ Bible Study, Morning Amigos, meets from 10:15 to 11:30 on Thursdays in the Rock Cafe. Questions? Contact Karen Hoffbauer (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Marcia Newsome (email@example.com).
- Everyone is welcome to YogaFaith – flow and stretch with Erika or Sara in Room 216 at The Rock (237 South 3rd). Join us for an all-levels Christian yoga class to help you focus and connect with Him while you strengthen, stretch and balance. Please bring a mat, if you are able, but we do have mats that you can borrow. Classes meet on Tuesday and Thursday at 5:30 p.m. and Friday at 9:00 a.m. Also, on Sunday nights at 7:00 p.m., join us for a gentle and relaxing Candlelight YogaFaith class at The Rock. These classes focus on stretching and slow movements. They are Christ-centered, restful and appropriate for all levels. First class is free; after that it is $5.00 per class. Please arrive at least 5-10 minutes early in order to settle into your space.
Below you will find the September YogaFaith schedule. Please let us know if you have any questions. No classes on Sept. 5.
Candlelight on Sundays at 7:00 pm – September 8, 15, 22, and 29 (no class on Sept. 1)
All Level YogaFaith on Tuesdays at 5:30 pm – September 3, 10, 17, and 24
All Level YogaFaith on Thursdays at 5:30 pm – September 12, 19, and 26 (no class on September 5)
All Level YogaFaith on Fridays at 9:00 am – September 6, 13, 20, 27