- 2018 giving statements are now available in a box in the Rock Cafe area next to the dog bowl (for donations to the Comfort Dog ministry) , so be sure to pick yours up this week!
- Gary Thies, Mission Development Counselor with the Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod, will be joining us at The Rock for Bible class (8:45) and in the worship service on February 10. Gary lives on a farm in Western Iowa and is Director of Mission Central. He would love to share with you the news of what is really happening in missions through the LCMS. Be sure to invite someone to come with you because you, too, are a missionary! Gary brings to you and the congregation an in-person presentation with pictures and artifacts direct from the mission field. He has visited 75 countries and continues to connect weekly with over 100 LCMS missionaries around the world. More information at www.missioncentral.us.
Stay after the service on 2/10 for Souper Sunday, a soup and dessert potluck lunch. We’ll provide two types of soup, table service and drinks. We ask all who are able to bring along a soup to share or some dessert. Can’t cook? Come anyway and join our Forever Family Reunion lunch.
- National Youth Gathering Valentine’s Fundraiser: Looking for a unique gift for a loved one on Valentine’s Day? Surprise them at work, school or home (within Seward city limits) with a serenade by our local Kitones quartet group. The group will sing two love songs, give them a rose and take a picture to share with them later that day.
Call Cliff at 308-708-0325 by Tues, February 12th to schedule a time for the serenade. A suggested donation of $25 (mailed to 762 Cory Drive, Seward NE 68434 by February 11, or dropped off by February 13 at the Seward United Methodist Church between the hours of 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Mon through Fri) will benefit all of the teens and chaperones headed to the Gathering. Checks need to be made out to The Rock Church.
Other arrangements can be made for delivering your donation if needed, and a serenade can be scheduled for Friday, February 15 if needed.
- Scholarship Opportunity: Thrivent Student Resources is giving away $5,000 that you can use for higher education . Enter today for your chance to be one of FOUR lucky winners. Visit https://bit.ly/2v1PUnH to enter. Open to US residents 14 or older. Complete official rules available through the link. Contest closes 3/31.
- We are still in need of ice melt. If you’re able to donate some, please drop it off inside the front doors. We use about 40-50 pounds each time there’s ice or snow and winter is in full swing! Thanks to all who have already donated some!
- Lutheran Marriage Encounter has been hosting weekends for 50 years enriching thousands of marriages. These couples have had the opportunity to renew not only their relationship with each other, but also with God and with their church. To celebrate their 50th anniversary, Marriage Encounter is offering a 50% discount off the application fee. This year’s event will be held March 1-3 at the Ramada Midtown in Grand Island. To learn more and to register, click here: https://godlovesmarriage.org/event/marriage-encounter-grand-island-ne/
- Concordia University, Nebraska is celebrating its 125th anniversary: In 2019, Concordia University, Nebraska is celebrating its 125th year of educational ministry. As part of these celebrations, on Saturday, March 23rd, Concordia and Jones Bank are presenting Celebration at the Lied, at Lincoln’s Lied Center for the Performing Arts.
This one time only concert, held in a fantastic setting, will feature Concordia University, Nebraska’s acclaimed music ensembles performing a variety of sacred and secular selections intended to entertain and inspire. It will be a great experience for any and all who enjoy Concordia’s music programs, in particular, as well as for those who simply enjoy quality choral and instrumental music. Tickets, which range from $45 to $15, are on sale now online.
- Our February item for the Blue Valley Food Pantry is soup. The collection box is in The Rock cafe and our community appreciates your generosity.
- We have faith growth opportunities on Sunday mornings: Going Deeper, room 213, 8:45 with Pastor Mike. Women’s Bible study with Ann Schranz will resume sometime in the next year.
- Ladies’ Bible Study, Morning Amigos, meets from 10:15 to 11:30 in the Rock Cafe. Questions? Contact Karen Hoffbauer (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Marcia Newsome (email@example.com).
- Yoga at The Rock: Marge Rhodes teaches Yoga at The Rock on Thursdays at 5:30 p.m. All are welcome!
YogaFaith with Sara Moll and Erika Rolf meets in Room 216. Everyone is welcome to join us for 1 hour long Christ centered yoga classes – your first class is FREE! Please contact Sara at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Also, find YogaFaith here on Facebook for more updates or here on Instagram. Weather Policy: If the Seward school system cancels school due to the weather, then we will not have class. The February schedule is as follows:
Candlelight YogaFaith on Sundays, 7-8 p.m. – February 10 – Erika; February 24 – Sara
All Levels YogaFaith: Tuesdays, 5:30-6:30 PM: Feb. 12, 19, 26 (Erika) Fridays, 9:45-10:45 AM: Feb. 8, 15, 22 (Sara)