- Stay for Lunch! Everyone is invited to stay for lunch right after worship on Sunday, January 7. If you are able to bring food, we would ask those with last names ending in A-M to bring a main dish and a salad or vegetable, and those with last names ending in N-Z to bring a main dish and a dessert. If it doesn’t work for you to bring food, plan to stay anyway as there should be enough to go around. Drinks and table service will be provided.
- Pastor Mike just got back into town. He will be at The Rock for the Sunday service, but Rev. Rich Boring will be leading the message time. Last week he talked about hope, and this week he is going to look at what to do when hopelessness sets in.
- The January item for the Blue Valley Pantry is soap and shampoo. Leave your donations in the collection box near the main door of The Rock Café.
- We only need 5 more signups to hit our goal for LCEF accounts. You only need $25 to start up one of these accounts, and if we hit our goal, it will lower the interest on our loan. Learn more about Lutheran Church Extension Fund here. Contact Dave Kumm for more information.
- Stepping Stones, Faith Ink, and Godparents groups start up again this Wednesday. If your child isn’t yet a part of one of these great opportunities to learn more about the God who loves them, contact us for more information about how to get involved.
- A Sunday morning Bible Study for women, will begin on Sunday, January 7, at 8:45 at The ROCK. We will be studying the book of Matthew. Please join us! Contact Ann Schranz with any questions.
- Camp Luther Summer Camp registration is now open! View their online brochure and register your child today at www.campluther.org/summer! Dates, prices, camp descriptions, and answers to frequently asked questions including discounts and financial aid, can all be found there as well. (Camp Luther is located in Schuyler.) If your child has never been to camp, or if you have any questions or concerns of any sort, don’t hesitate to contact them. You can email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 402-352-5655.
Bookmark the permalink.