Here’s your Rock news for the week:
- THIS SUNDAY. This Sunday is Week 3 of “In Christ Alone.” Last Sunday we threw away all our bad trash and our good trash and learned that when God looks at us, He doesn’t see our sin, but sees Jesus. In Christ alone we can all say, “I am righteous!” Join us again this week at 10:00 am to look at Humility! If you get a chance, read Philippians 2.
- PAINTERS/MOVERS/SHAKERS: Work continues on the 2nd floor of the Rock to get everything ready for Stepping Stones. Demo is mostly done so it is time for painting and some construction. Please help out if you can again this Wednesday night from 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm. If you have some painting supplies (rollers, brushes, etc.), you can bring those along. If you don’t, that is fine. Please come help anyway. Lots of help make things go quickly. No experience necessary – just show up at The Rock.
- YOGA! Connie Butler and Lynne Kumm are checking to see if members and friends of the Rock would be interested in attending a yoga class at the Rock . They have been in contact with a yoga instructor and are looking at having a class on Thursday evenings from 5:30-6:30 pm. There would be a cost of $5.00 per class. Tentative plans are to start in the middle of September. The yoga class works on stretching and toning. If you would be interested in attending, please send Lynne an email at Lykumm@aol.com or Connie at email@example.com. There is also a sign-up sheet at the Rock on the bar under the Rock Cafe sign.
- COMFORT DOG TEAM MEETING: Interested in being a dog handler or helping in other ways with the Comfort Dog? There will be a Dog Team Meeting on Wednesday, August 17, in the Rock cafe at 7 pm. It’s time for the team to get serious about “putting our leashes on” so please come. If you can’t be there, contact Randy Newsome for an update and more information.
- BLUE VALLEY PANTRY: August = Fruit in a Can. Bring some to the Rock this month. Need some inspiration? Click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=gB4MNu6W9sg.
- GET SOME LCEF ACCOUNTS! Our loan for renovation of the Rock building is with Lutheran Church Extension Fund (LCEF). If members of the Rock open up 30 more accounts with LCEF, we get a rebate of some of the interest charges. It actually lowers our interest rate by .75% and could result in annual savings of over $4,000. You don’t have to invest a lot of money to open an account. You can open a Young Investors Club account for your kids with a deposit of only $25 and it earns some decent interest. For more information, go to www.lcef.org and look under the “Investment” tab. When you fill out an application, list “The Rock” as your congregation and it will count toward our total.
- MARK YOUR CALENDARS: The Block Party previously scheduled for July 3 has been rescheduled for Sunday, September 18, starting at 6pm. Watch for more details soon.
Blessings on your weekend.