Here’s your Rock news for the week
- THIS SUNDAY: Quite a while ago, we did a series for a few Sundays called Weird Science. Pastor Mike did some science experiments and we learned some cool things about God in the process. Can it get any weirder than doing science experiments right in the middle of a church service? Yes, I think it can. Grab the whole family and your safety goggles and join us this Sunday at 10:00 a.m. at the Lied Senior Center for Week 1 of Weirder Science!
- COME EARLY/STAY AFTER THIS SUNDAY FOR EDDIE THE COMFORT DOG! Eddie the Comfort Dog, along with some of his handlers, will be at The Rock THIS SUNDAY. They will be available before worship to interact with people and then, after worship, will be available for an informal question-answer-info time. We are getting close to having everything lined up to make a decision on how the Rock could move forward with a comfort dog. This is a great opportunity to find out more about how God is using Eddie to connect people to Jesus. Click here to learn more about Eddie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKTrADi2QfY.
- BLUE VALLEY PANTRY: April showers bring May flowers. What do May flowers bring? Pilgrims (and hay fever). Grab some Kleenex for the pantry any time this month.
- THE NEW ROCK: Work continues at the new Rock. Thanks to everyone who has been helping. Watch for more opportunities to help in the near future.
- HOW CAN YOU SERVE? Activities slow down at the Rock some for the summer, but now is the time we need to line up people to do all kinds of things. In July, we’ll elect new officers and directors and ambassadors. This fall, we’ll need Godparent leaders and help with Stepping Stones and Faith Ink and other things. Take some time now to pray and consider whether it’s the right time for you to step into one of these roles. Questions? Respond to this email, talk to Pastor Mike or talk to any of the leaders at the Rock.
Blessings on your weekend.