- There will be an informational meeting concerning The Rock’s Guatemala short-term mission opportunity in June 22-29, 2019. The meeting will be on December 19, 2018 at 7:30pm in the Rock Café. Dr. Jen Janousek and Pastor Mike will share more about this opportunity. Anyone who is interested should attend. If there are people who are interested but unable to come on the 19th they need to contact Pastor or Jen ASAP.
- Christmas Services: Sunday, December 23 at 10:00 and Monday, December 24 at 5:30
- Thanks to those who have already brought ice melt. If you’re able to donate some, please drop it off inside the front doors.
- FaithInk kids (5-8 grades) should go to the Sparetime Bowling Alley on Wednesday, December 19 at 6:30 for a Christmas party. Bring $7 for burgers. Stepping Stones will meet at The Rock for their celebrations.
- Stepping Stones and FaithInk will take a break for the Christmas/New Year holidays on December 26 and January 2.
- Mighty Fortress Ev. Lutheran Church (252 North 6th Street, Seward) will hold a Christmas Day community candlelight service on December 25 at 7:30 pm. All are invited to join.
- Lutheran Church Extension Fund offers 40-Month Note at 4% For the past 40 years, Lutheran Church Extension Fund has had the privilege of supporting Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS) congregations, schools, organizations and rostered church workers with loans that fit ministry needs. LCEF invites you to invest in a special note they are making available for a limited time: their 40-month note at 4%. You can invest as little as $500 and up to $40,000 (per tax ID). This investment would allow them to support the growing needs of even more LCMS individuals, organizations, schools and churches.
If you have any questions, call Nebraska District LCEF Vice-President Nathan Meier at 913-221-8999 or visit lcef.org/40month to learn more.
- Lincoln Walk for Life 2019: Mark your calendars now for the upcoming Walk for Life to be held in Lincoln on Saturday, January 26 at 10 a.m. at the north side of the State Capital at 14th & K. The walk is seven blocks through downtown to the UNL Student Union, finishing with a gathering in the 2nd floor Ballroom and Centennial Room. The event concludes at 1 p.m. Contact email@example.com or 402-438-4802 for more information. http://nebraskarighttolife.org/
- We are still collecting tuna for the Blue Valley Food Pantry item for December. In January, we’ll be collecting soap and shampoo. The collection box is in The Rock cafe.
- We have faith growth opportunities on Sunday mornings: Going Deeper, room 213, 8:45 with Pastor Mike. Women’s Bible study with Ann Schranz will resume sometime in the next year.
- A big shout out of praise and thanks goes to Sara Moll and Andrea Sloup for their anointed leadership! They’ve led Morning Amigos Ladies Bible Study for 7 years! What an awesome adventure it’s been growing together in God’s Word and in the friendships that have developed. God has released them from these leadership positions. Starting December 13, Karen Hoffbauer and Marcia Newsome will assume the leadership of the bible study. They will continue to meet on Thursdays from 10:15 to 11:30 am in the Rock Cafe. All you ladies are invited to join.
- Yoga at The Rock: Marge Rhodes is now teaching Yoga at The Rock on Thursdays at 5:30 p.m. All are welcome! Marge will have yoga class December 6, 13, and 20, and will start up again January 3.
YogaFaith with Sara Moll and Erika Rolf meets in Room 216 on the following dates: Tuesdays at 5:30 pm on December 18. Fridays at 9:45 am on December 14, 21 (Sara). Everyone is welcome to join us for 1 hour long Christ centered yoga class – your first class is FREE! No class on Dec. 25, 28 or Jan. 1 or 4. January schedule will be sent out end of December. Please contact Sara at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Also, find us here on Facebook for more updates.