Here’s your Rock news for the week:
- THIS SUNDAY: As we get closer to a new facility and a new chapter in the history of the Rock, it is a good time to stop and give thanks for all of God’s blessings. The first meeting to talk about a new church in Seward (which eventually became the Rock) happened ten years ago. What has happened in your life over the last 10 years? Looking back, can you see God’s hand in the good times and the bad? What stories do you have to tell your children and family? Join us this Sunday for week 1 of “Remember and Give Thanks.” We’ll take some time to remember and give thanks for God’s goodness to the Rock and to all of us over the last 10 years. Want to get a jump start? Read Joshua 4.
- GOING DEEPER: Don’t forget your chance to dig a little deeper on Sunday mornings. Come to the Lied Senior Center a little early (at 8:45 a.m.) to participate in a new video-based discussion called, “The Bible On Trial: Beyond A Reasonable Doubt.”
- NATIONAL YOUTH GATHERING: The LCMS National Youth Gathering is next summer in New Orleans from July 16-20. There will be an informational meeting for youth and their parents this coming Wednesday, August 19 at 7pm at the Seward Civic Center to learn more about the gathering and to talk about sending a group from the Rock. If you’re not sure if you are interested, come to learn more. To learn more about the gathering, check out the information on this web site: www.lcmsgathering.com.
- ACCESS THE ROCK: Do you want to know more about what the Rock is all about and what we teach and believe? Are you interested in finding out what it means to a member of the Rock? Plan to join us for the next Access the Rock time from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 pm on Sunday, August 23. We’ll meet right at the Lied Senior Center and pizza and drinks will be provided. If you have questions or if you would like to attend, please respond to this email or talk to Pastor Mike on Sunday or message Pastor Mike on the Rock’s facebook page.
- WORK NIGHT WEDNESDAY! There is still lots to do. Please head over to the new Rock at 237 S. 3rd to help out. Work time usually runs from 5pm to 8pm or so.
- CHAIR-IT-ABLE CONTRIBUTIONS. We need 66 chairs to finish up and have 300 chairs for the new Rock. For only $50 (that’s the same amount you would pay to buy 50 cups of coffee or about 3 lattes at Starbucks), you can help the poor and the tired and the seatless find a good place to sit at the new Rock. Thanks to all those who have already been so generous. If you haven’t given already, please help get us over the top.
- WOMEN OF FAITH. This year’s Women of Faith conference is August 28-29 at Pinnacle Bank Arena in Lincoln. We currently have 30 women signed up to go (praise God!). There are a few tickets left at the price of $84.45 to sit in the lower section with the group from the Rock. If you are interested please contact Sue Briggs at 402-430-9158 or firstname.lastname@example.org. This is the farewell tour after 20 years so don’t miss out! Want to know more about the conference? Click here: http://www.womenoffaith.com/events2/lincoln/.
- FAMILY PICNIC ON SEPTEMBER 9: Everyone (including families from Stepping Stones, Faith Ink, and Godparents) is invited to join us at Plum Creek Park on the West Side by the Tennis Courts for a picnic to kick off Wednesday night activities this fall. Sloppy Joes and table service will be provided. Each family is asked to bring a side dish to share and their own beverages. Families may want to bring lawn chairs and blankets too. (In the event of rain, we will meet Sunday, Sept. 13th). Also, don’t forget to check out the web site (www.therockseward.org) for more information about Stepping Stones, Faith Ink, Godparents and how you can register.
- BLUE VALLEY PANTRY: GRAB SOME CANNED FRUIT!!! For real, the Pantry is running low on canned fruit and needs to be restocked. Grab some cans and drop them off at the Rock this Sunday.
Blessings on your weekend.