The Directors and Ambassadors at the Rock are grateful for your willingness to adapt to our frequently-changing COVID-19 worship precautions. This week, the City of Seward passed an ordinance requiring face coverings in public indoor spaces when groups of 10 or more people gather, including in churches. Aligning our worship practices with this ordinance, face coverings will be required for anyone aged 5 years or older, with exceptions for those with some health conditions. Our face covering practice will apply to in-person worship and all other activities at The Rock until the ordinance is amended or no longer in effect. Please keep in mind that we will continue offering an online worship alternative.
Thanks for cooperating with our local health and policy-making officials who are endeavoring to limit the spread of COVID-19 in our community. As we all walk through this time together, let us continue to walk in the Lord.
The Rock’s Advent Challenge with Heifer International: Help us meet our goal of raising enough funds to provide 10 sheep for families in developing countries. 10 sheep X $120/sheep = $1200. To learn more, go to heifer.org.
Bell ringing for the Salvation Army red kettles will be at the Seward Wal-Mart. All sign-up is done on-line at https://www.registertoring.com/Default.aspx Simply find Seward, NE and sign up for a time to ring. Remember, that 90% of the funds collected stay in Seward County to do the most good right here. The Salvation Army funds are dispersed in Seward County by the Seward Ministerial Association.
Our December item for the Blue Valley food pantry is tuna. The collection box is in the Rock Cafe. Thanks for being a blessing to the community in this way!
The Rock has been blessed throughout 2020 with continued strength in monthly giving that has allowed us to meet our budget, even amidst difficult economic conditions. Praise God for this!
This fall, however, components of a large roof air conditioning unit failed and the Directors have authorized repairs for Spring 2021 at a cost of about $20,000. We will use available cash and the church’s line of credit to cover this work.
If your family is in a position to make an extra gift at the end of 2020, it would be a blessing to The Rock and reduce the amount we place on our line of credit. If you choose to do so, indicate the extra gift is for the “A/C Repair Project.”
Finally, consult your tax advisor about the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act legislation. It allows 2020 tax deductions for charitable donations of up to $300, even if your family does not itemize deductions.
View The Rock’s service each week from home!
We’re so glad you join us for worship in whatever way you do, and we look forward to being together again as a Forever Family!
YogaFaith is offering both in person classes and online classes. Class offerings are as follows: All Level YogaFaith – Tuesday and Thursday nights at 5:30 pm and Restorative Candlelight YogaFaith is every Sunday night at 7:00 pm. To stay 6 feet apart, we are limiting the number of people in the room to 6 (including Sara and Erika) so you will have to register in advance for an in-person class. Please click on this link to sign up for a class. If you would like to take the class online please email Sara at email@example.com and she will give you instructions! As always please check our Facebook page for more information. https://www.facebook.com/YogaFaith-Seward-256010628294784/
Thank you for being so faithful in your giving. As a reminder, we have 4 giving options other than the offering basket:
- You can mail your offering checks to us at: The Rock Church, PO Box 199, Seward, NE 68434
- Download the GivePlus app and give to The Rock using your smartphone. Enjoy the convenience of making credit or debit card donations as a guest user, or create an account to set up recurring donations and view your giving history.
- Give online through InFaith and your donation can be made via credit/debit card or Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) through your checking/savings account. Through a collaboration with the InFaith Community Foundation and Thrivent Financial, The Rock will not be assessed any fees if you give through this online portal.
- Joyful Response is a way for individuals to make their stewardship commitment to God through The Rock on a regular basis. They can determine the start and stop date of the giving as well as the intervals of payment. This is a simple way for each of us to support the ministry through The Rock. People can designate their gifts to be split out towards the general fund or maybe they want some money to go into a building fund or outreach fund.
- Click here for an electronic offering form. Forms need to be turned in to Rock treasurer Dave Kumm for processing, or mailed to The Rock.
If you have any questions about The Rock, need information about our events, or anything else, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, if you have a prayer request to submit during the week (or anytime) send it to email@example.com. Our prayer warriors will receive these, as well as Pastor Mike Meyer.