- Children of the Seward community and surrounding areas are invited to participate in the annual Project Pumpkin trick-or-treat event Sunday, Oct. 27, from 6-8 p.m., in David Hall located on Concordia University, Nebraska's campus.
Concordia students will hand out treats to children, and each floor of the women's residence hall will be decorated in a different theme ranging from candy land, to outer space, to a safari jungle. David Hall is located on the corner of Lincoln Street and Locust Avenue.
- 25 by 25: We still have a few weeks in our campaign to raise $25,000 by October 25 to cover some unanticipated building expenses. Brick repair is needed on the upper north exterior wall of the Rock facility. There are areas where water (and snow in the winter) are leaking through. The solution to this issue is tuck pointing to repair the brick at a cost of just under $21,000. Second, it is necessary to perform some maintenance on the elevator. The recent regular elevator inspection revealed that the elevator “jack” should be repacked at a cost of around $3,200. Rather than borrowing these funds to complete the necessary repairs, the Board of Directors believes it is best to conduct a short-term fundraising campaign. If you have questions, find Scott Seevers or Bill Schranz after worship this Sunday.
- Concordia University, Nebraska’s Art Department will be holding Saturday School morning sessions for elementary and middle-level students to learn about and create art. The sessions will be taught by Concordia students enrolled in Methods of Art Education and observed by professor and department chairman Don Robson.
The sessions, available to Pre-kindergarten through 8th grade students, are divided by age group. Each session will be based on a discipline-based art education unit plan, addressing art history, aesthetics, constructive criticism, and art making.
All sessions will run from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. The classes will be held on Concordia University’s campus in Brommer Art Center, room 123. A $5.00 fee per student is required for registration and supplies. Each session has 25 seats available. Please dress your child in clothes that can get messy.
The dates for Saturday Art School for I Semester, 2019 are: 11.2, Pre-Kindergarten Saturday School; 11.9, Kindergarten Saturday School; 11.16, 1St & 2nd Grade Saturday School; 12.7, 3rd & 4th Grade Saturday School; 12.14, 5th – 8th Grade Saturday Schools *Note: Registration is online. To register your child/children please click here.
- It’s football season! Come join some of the men of The Rock at the Sparetime during football game halftime for devotions.
- Renovations at the University Lutheran Chapel in Lincoln are nearly complete and they want you to join them on Sunday, October 27 for a dedication service and open house. A worship service will be held at 10:30 a.m., followed by lunch at noon, and an open house from 1:00-3:00 p.m. If you plan to attend the lunch portion of this day, please RSVP by Friday, October 18, either online at www.ndlcms.org/rsvp/ or by calling 402-643-2961. If you only plan to attend the open house, no RSVP is needed.
- Christ wants you to know who He is and what He has done for us. Concordia Publishing House is here to help you with that. We are dedicated to helping Christ’s families read, study, teach, and learn about the miracles that God has shown us. Our newest releases, such as the Portals of Prayer Devotional Bible, Enduring Faith Sunday School Curriculum, The Mighty and The Mysterious, and The Growing in Faith Bible Storybook, in addition to thousands of other resources, allow for families of all ages and stages to share in Christ’s love. CPH is overjoyed to be able to offer these resources for your family to grow with Christ for generations to come. To see all we have to offer, please visit us at cph.org.
- Every month we collect items for the Blue Valley Community Action Pantry. The collection box is in The Rock cafe and our community appreciates your generosity. For October, we are collecting rice. Thanks for being a blessing to the community of Seward!
- Join us for some faith growth opportunities on Sunday mornings before the service: Going Deeper meets in room 213, 8:45 with Pastor Mike.
- Ladies’ Bible Study, Morning Amigos, meets from 10:15 to 11:30 on Thursdays in the Rock Cafe. Questions? Contact Karen Hoffbauer (email@example.com) or Marcia Newsome (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Everyone is welcome to YogaFaith – flow and stretch with Erika or Sara in Room 216 at The Rock (237 South 3rd). Join us for an all-levels Christian yoga class to help you focus and connect with Him while you strengthen, stretch and balance. Please bring a mat, if you are able, but we do have mats that you can borrow. Classes meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 5:30 p.m. and Fridays at 9:00 a.m. Also, on Sunday nights at 7:00 p.m., join us for a gentle and relaxing Candlelight YogaFaith class at The Rock. These classes focus on stretching and slow movements. They are Christ-centered, restful and appropriate for all levels. First class is free; after that it is $5.00 per class. Please arrive at least 5-10 minutes early in order to settle into your space.
Candlelight on Sundays at 7:00 pm - October 13, 20, 27
All Level YogaFaith on Tuesdays at 5:30 pm – October 15, 22, 29
All Level YogaFaith on Thursdays at 5:30 pm – October 24, (no class on Oct. 17 and 31)
All Level YogaFaith on Fridays at 9:00 am - October 11, 18, 25
If you have any questions about The Rock, need information about our events, or anything else, please contact us at email@example.com. Also, if you have a prayer request to submit during the week (or anytime) send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our prayer warriors will receive these, as well as Pastor Mike Meyer.