- This Sunday we are celebrating Living Victoriously with our new message series! Show the joy we have on the inside by wearing bright colors on the outside. Wear your best Hawaiian shirt or something bright red (Huskers optional).
- This Sunday, June 9, 2019, there will be a special meeting of the voting members of the Rock right after worship. Everyone is welcome to attend the meeting. Voting members will be asked to sign in and will be entitled to vote. The sole purpose of the meeting is to review and approve refinancing the Rock’s current building debt with Lutheran Church Extension Fund. If you have questions about the financing for the debt, please talk to Scott Seevers, Wayne Bruns, or Dave Kumm. Not sure if you’re a voting member? Ask Bill Schranz or Tim Moll.
- National Youth Gathering Meetings: Teens and parents, mark your calendars now so you can plan to stay after the service on June 16 and July 7 for lunch, information, and a pre-gathering Bible study. These Bible studies are really important for the group to share together, so we hope you will make an extra effort to come. Parents are encouraged to stay on June 16. The Rock is providing lunch.
- Did you know that all of the adult leaders (including Pastor Mike) who help our youth attend the National Youth Gathering are self funded? If you would like to help offset the cost our leaders take on for this event, contact Wayne Bruns or Kim Myers about making a donation to assist one of them. You can also make a donation that is shared between the whole group.
- Family Space Trivia Night: Seward Memorial Library will host a Space Trivia Night for families on Thursday, June 20 at 6:30 p.m. Find out how much you and your family know about space with trivia master Cliff Lowell. There will be prizes for participants during this one-hour competition. Make a team and register on the library website at www.sewardlibrary.org.
- We are SEEKING GREETERS to help CONNECT people before worship services. Do you like to meet and visit with people? Would you like to use your gift of hospitality at The Rock? Then YOU are needed! A sign up sheet will be available on the counter under The Rock Café sign or contact Diana Boring at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll have a greeting meeting in August just before school starts again.
- We’re collecting “just add water” pancake mix for the Blue Valley Food Pantry this June. The collection box is in The Rock cafe and our community appreciates your generosity.
- We have faith growth opportunities on Sunday mornings: Going Deeper, room 213, 8:45 with Pastor Mike. Women’s Bible study with Ann Schranz will resume sometime in the next year.
- Ladies’ Bible Study, Morning Amigos, meets from 10:15 to 11:30 in the Rock Cafe. Questions? Contact Karen Hoffbauer (email@example.com) or Marcia Newsome (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Sara Moll and Erika Rolf teach YogaFaith classes in Room 216 on Tuesdays at 5:30 pm and Friday mornings at 9:00 am. For the summer they will be offering an All-Levels YogaFaith class on Thursday nights. Also, they offer a Sunday Candlelight class at 6:30-7:30 pm each week in the summer. Everyone is welcome to join them for 1 hour long Christ centered yoga classes – your first class is FREE! Please contact Sara at email@example.com if you have any questions. Check for the June YogaFaith schedule here on Facebook for more updates or here on Instagram.