Souper Sunday 2023 is almost here!
You provide the soup and desserts, we’ll provide the bowls! (And spoons, and cups, and extension cords for your slow cookers…) Please bring a soup and dessert to share for our potluck lunch after the service this Sunday, February 12. If you’re not able to bring something this year, please still come for food and fellowship with us!
Lawn Care Service Needed
The Nebraska District Office is looking for a new lawn care provider starting this spring. This job will require a spring cleanup in landscaped areas and bushes, as well as mowing and fertilizer as needed throughout the year for the property located at 152 S. Columbia Avenue. If you’re interested and have the equipment necessary to complete the work, please contact Elijah Luebbe at ElijahL@ndlcms.org or 402-643-2961 Ext 1005.
Men’s breakfasts have started again
Men’s breakfasts have resumed on Saturday mornings at 7:00 a.m. in the Rock cafe.
Support the Guatemala mission trip with upcoming fundraisers
Did you know The Rock has 12 mission team members traveling to Guatemala in June? With high airfare prices and inflation impacting team expenses/fees in Guatemala, they could really use your support with two upcoming fundraising opportunities:
- Ash Wednesday, February 22nd, the mission team will be hosting a nacho/taco meal from 5:30-6:30pm at The Rock before the Ash Wednesday church service at 6:30. Free will offering donations are greatly appreciated.
- Raffle Opportunity: The team will be hosting a raffle to give away 4 MercyMe concert tickets + $50 gift certificate for dinner at the restaurant of the winner’s choice! Package valued at $250. The MercyMe concert is on March 26 at 7pm at Pinnacle Bank Arena in Lincoln. Seats are section 114, row 12, seats 7-10. Raffle tickets will be sold before/after church on Sundays and Ash Wednesday or by contacting a team member directly. 1 raffle ticket for $10 or 3 for $20; Drawing on March 1.
Muchas Gracias from the Guatemala Team Members: Pastor Mike Meyer, Michaela Twito, Keegan Beisel, Rachel Ada, Hannah Beintema, Emma Dannehl, Heidi and Joseph Gubanyi, Lawson Luebbe, Jen, Aubrey, and Lathan Janousek
Blue Valley Community Action
Our February item for the Blue Valley food pantry is soup, which we collect in a tub in the Rock cafe. Thanks for being a blessing to the community in this way! You can see our Blue Valley Pantry item schedule on our website. Year-round they also collect the following: pasta, pasta meal mixes, instant potato side dishes, and mashed potatoes. They’ve had quite a few more families making use of the pantry this winter, so your help is greatly appreciated.
Join Erika Rolf (RYT-200) or Sara Moll (RYT-200) for Christian YogaFaith classes at The Rock!
February class offerings are as follows:
- Online Sonrise YogaFaith Class (online class – take anytime and as many times as you want – a new 30 Minute class is offered each month) – 2/6 (Erika)
- Tune up Tuesday at CUNE (for Concordia University students) at 3:45-4:30 pm/Cattle Conference Center – 2/14 (Sara), 2/28 (Erika) FREE
- All Level Tuesdays at 5:30 pm CST at The Rock – 2/7, 2/14, 2/21, 2/28 (Erika)
- All Level Thursdays at 5:30 pm CST at The Rock – 2/2, 2/9, 2/16, (Sara) 2/23 (Sara or Erika)
- Flow and Go Saturdays from 8:00-8:45 am CST at The Rock – Possible Pop Up classes (watch your e-mail and social media for dates)
- Restorative YogaFaith from 7:00-8:00 pm CST at The Rock – 2/5 (Sara), 2/12 (Erika), 2/19 (Erika), 2/26 (Erika)* SIGN UP IN ADVANCE PLEASE.
Please see their Facebook page for a full calendar and more information. https://www.facebook.com/YogaFaith-Seward-256010628294784/
Our Website | http://www.therockseward.org/
Giving while at home | http://www.therockseward.org/giving-at-the-rock/
Vimeo | https://vimeo.com/therockseward
Facebook | https://www.facebook.com/therockseward
Contact Us | firstname.lastname@example.org
Prayer Requests | email@example.com
Mail | PO Box 199, Seward, NE 68434
Prayer requests are received by our prayer warriors, as well as Pastor Mike Meyer. If you would like them kept confidential and not included in public prayers on Sundays, just let us know in your email.