Souper Sunday 2023 is almost here!
You provide the soup and desserts, we’ll provide the bowls! (And spoons, and cups, and extension cords for your slow cookers…) Please bring a soup and dessert to share for our potluck lunch after the service on February 12. If you’re not able to bring something this year, please still come for food and fellowship with us!
Men’s breakfasts to start again
Men’s breakfasts will resume on Saturday mornings at 7:00 a.m. in the Rock cafe, starting this Saturday, February 4.
New women’s Bible study opportunity
The Monday night women’s Bible Study group (led by Andrea Sloup and Sara Moll) will be starting a new 6-week study on Monday, February 27, and you are invited! The group will meet Monday evenings from 7:00pm to 9:00 pm in Room 217 at the Rock to go through the following study: “Good Boundaries and Goodbyes: Loving others without losing the best of who you are,” by Lysa TerKeurst. Women of all ages are welcome! After we know the total number of women joining us, we will purchase the books. One book and one study guide are needed for the study with an approximate cost of $33.50. If you have questions or want to sign up, contact Sara or Andrea. They will be in The Rock Café area after worship. You can also text them with questions or to sign up (Sara at 402-641-4200; or Andrea at 402-641-7221).
Support the Guatemala mission trip with upcoming fundraisers
Did you know The Rock has 12 mission team members traveling to Guatemala in June? With high airfare prices and inflation impacting team expenses/fees in Guatemala, they could really use your support with two upcoming fundraising opportunities:
- Ash Wednesday, February 22nd, the mission team will be hosting a nacho/taco meal from 5:30-6:30pm at The Rock before the Ash Wednesday church service at 6:30. Free will offering donations are greatly appreciated.
- Raffle Opportunity: The team will be hosting a raffle to give away 4 MercyMe concert tickets + $50 gift certificate for dinner at the restaurant of the winner’s choice! Package valued at $250. The MercyMe concert is on March 26 at 7pm at Pinnacle Bank Arena in Lincoln. Seats are section 114, row 12, seats 7-10. Raffle tickets will be sold before/after church on Sundays and Ash Wednesday or by contacting a team member directly. 1 raffle ticket for $10 or 3 for $20; Drawing on March 1.
Muchas Gracias from the Guatemala Team Members: Pastor Mike Meyer, Michaela Twito, Keegan Beisel, Rachel Ada, Hannah Beintema, Emma Dannehl, Heidi and Joseph Gubanyi, Lawson Luebbe, Jen, Aubrey, and Lathan Janousek
Tales of the Wag–News from Team Nico!
Many know Nicodemus or have even enjoyed a pet or two as you enter or leave worship at The Rock. I hope to give all a connection to this unique, gentle, and wonderful ministry of Jesus’ grace to our part of His world. Nico’s team works under the premise of invitations in serving our community. Praise God that Nico and Team have been invited to serve in all levels of our school system, public as well Christ-centered. Our basic weekly schedule is the Middle School on Mondays, High School on Tuesdays, Elementary School on Wednesdays, St John’s School and CDC on Thursdays, Concordia University on Fridays, and care facilities on Saturdays.
I’m continually amazed at the many connections this ministry has allowed Nico’s team to meet, build, and grow over time. As the 2022-2023 school year started, I heard more than one fifth grader say, “I have known Nico since kindergarten.” 5 years of growth of a relationship through a pet of a dog to something gentle, something to point kids to Jesus without saying a word about Jesus, but still showing them His Grace. More about what happens “at the pet”’ at the next tale! Until then, seek and enjoy the Peace of the Lord. –Thoughts from Marcia Newsome
2022 giving statements are available
If you haven’t picked up your giving statement from the cafe area, it will be mailed to you. But we can only mail it if we have your full, current mailing address. If you don’t see your statement, check with Wayne Bruns.
Blue Valley Community Action
Our February item for the Blue Valley food pantry is soup, which we collect in a tub in the Rock cafe. Thanks for being a blessing to the community in this way! You can see our Blue Valley Pantry item schedule on our website. Year-round they also collect the following: pasta, pasta meal mixes, instant potato side dishes, and mashed potatoes. They’ve had quite a few more families making use of the pantry this winter, so your help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your support of our Building Fund initiative
“Solid through the Storm” will prepare The Rock to address facility repairs arising from this summer’s hail storm. As shared previously, The Rock’s insurance deductible is $45,000 and total costs are still not fully known. Any funds raised beyond the storm repair costs will be held in reserve for additional facility repairs and improvements deemed ministry priorities.
Goal: $45,000 total ($36,562 has already been raised! Our goal is to raise the remaining $8,438 by 6-30-2023)
Join Erika Rolf (RYT-200) or Sara Moll (RYT-200) for Christian YogaFaith classes at The Rock!
February class offerings are as follows:
- Online Sonrise YogaFaith Class (online class – take anytime and as many times as you want – a new 30 Minute class is offered each month) – 2/6 (Erika)
- Tune up Tuesday at CUNE (for Concordia University students) at 3:45-4:30 pm/Cattle Conference Center – 2/14 (Sara), 2/28 (Erika) FREE
- All Level Tuesdays at 5:30 pm CST at The Rock – 2/7, 2/14, 2/21, 2/28 (Erika)
- All Level Thursdays at 5:30 pm CST at The Rock – 2/2, 2/9, 2/16, (Sara) 2/23 (Sara or Erika)
- Flow and Go Saturdays from 8:00-8:45 am CST at The Rock – Possible Pop Up classes (watch your e-mail and social media for dates)
- Restorative YogaFaith from 7:00-8:00 pm CST at The Rock – 2/5 (Sara), 2/12 (Erika), 2/19 (Erika), 2/26 (Erika)* SIGN UP IN ADVANCE PLEASE.
Please see their Facebook page for a full calendar and more information. https://www.facebook.com/YogaFaith-Seward-256010628294784/
Our Website | http://www.therockseward.org/
Giving while at home | http://www.therockseward.org/giving-at-the-rock/
Vimeo | https://vimeo.com/therockseward
YouTube | https://www.youtube.com/c/TheRockSewardNebraska
Facebook | https://www.facebook.com/therockseward
Contact Us | email@example.com
Prayer Requests | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail | PO Box 199, Seward, NE 68434
Prayer requests are received by our prayer warriors, as well as Pastor Mike Meyer. If you would like them kept confidential and not included in public prayers on Sundays, just let us know in your email.