- Thank you to all who showed interest in the Guatemala Mission trip taking place June 2-9, 2020 with The Rock and Concordia University, Nebraska. Please remember that the $300 deposit per person to sign up to be part of the team is due this Sunday (October 27). Checks should be written to The Rock and given directly to Jen Janousek or Pastor Mike. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to either of them with questions. The estimated cost of $1600 includes: airfare; transportation in Guatemala; 6 nights in a dorm and one night in a hotel for a tourist day; most meals, translators, and trip insurance. Does NOT include: tourist day activity, restaurant meals (2-3 meals), souvenirs, snacks.
- Every year, Habitat for Humanity at Concordia picks a Saturday in the fall to help rake leaves for Seward residents. Right now, the rake day is scheduled for Nov. 2nd. In the past, they have served anywhere from 2-4 homes, but they know they can do more. If you know of people who are in need of help in completing this task, contact Kim Myers as soon as possible (reply to this email) with the details so she can pass them on for consideration.
- Children of the Seward community and surrounding areas are invited to participate in the annual Project Pumpkin trick-or-treat event Sunday, Oct. 27, from 6-8 p.m., in David Hall located on Concordia University, Nebraska’s campus.
Concordia students will hand out treats to children, and each floor of the women’s residence hall will be decorated in a different theme ranging from candy land, to outer space, to a safari jungle. David Hall is located on the corner of Lincoln Street and Locust Avenue.
- 25 by 25: We are wrapping up our campaign to raise $25,000 by October 25 to cover some unanticipated building expenses. Brick repair is needed on the upper north exterior wall of the Rock facility. There are areas where water (and snow in the winter) are leaking through. The solution to this issue is tuck pointing to repair the brick at a cost of just under $21,000. Second, it is necessary to perform some maintenance on the elevator. The recent regular elevator inspection revealed that the elevator “jack” should be repacked at a cost of around $3,200. Rather than borrowing these funds to complete the necessary repairs, the Board of Directors believes it is best to conduct a short-term fundraising campaign. Look for the information on how much we raised this coming Sunday!
- Consider joining the Living Water Rescue Mission of York on November 11 for a free celebration banquet at the Holthus Convention Center. Come hear the amazing testimonies of lives changed by Jesus, enjoy a great meal, and be encouraged by beautiful music. For your free reservation, please call the Mission at 402-362-0127. Seating is a 6 and the meal starts at 6:30. Learn more about the Mission at their website: http://www.lwrmyork.org/
- It’s football season! Come join some of the men of The Rock at the Sparetime during football game halftime for devotions.
- Renovations at the University Lutheran Chapel in Lincoln are nearly complete and they want you to join them on Sunday, October 27 for a dedication service and open house. A worship service will be held at 10:30 a.m. and an open house from 1:00-3:00 p.m.
- Christ wants you to know who He is and what He has done for us. Concordia Publishing House is here to help you with that. We are dedicated to helping Christ’s families read, study, teach, and learn about the miracles that God has shown us. Our newest releases, such as the Portals of Prayer Devotional Bible, Enduring Faith Sunday School Curriculum, The Mighty and The Mysterious, and The Growing in Faith Bible Storybook, in addition to thousands of other resources, allow for families of all ages and stages to share in Christ’s love. CPH is overjoyed to be able to offer these resources for your family to grow with Christ for generations to come. To see all we have to offer, please visit us at cph.org.
- Every month we collect items for the Blue Valley Community Action Pantry. The collection box is in The Rock cafe and our community appreciates your generosity. For October, we are collecting rice. Thanks for being a blessing to the community of Seward! In November, we’ll be blessing the pantry by collecting toothpaste.
- Join us for some faith growth opportunities on Sunday mornings before the service: Going Deeper meets in room 213, 8:45 with Pastor Mike.
- Ladies’ Bible Study, Morning Amigos, meets from 10:15 to 11:30 on Thursdays in the Rock Cafe. Questions? Contact Karen Hoffbauer (email@example.com) or Marcia Newsome (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Everyone is welcome to YogaFaith – flow and stretch with Erika or Sara in Room 216 at The Rock (237 South 3rd). Join us for an all-levels Christian yoga class to help you focus and connect with Him while you strengthen, stretch and balance. Please bring a mat, if you are able, but we do have mats that you can borrow. Classes meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 5:30 p.m. and Fridays at 9:00 a.m. Also, on Sunday nights at 7:00 p.m., join us for a gentle and relaxing Candlelight YogaFaith class at The Rock. These classes focus on stretching and slow movements. They are Christ-centered, restful and appropriate for all levels. First class is free; after that it is $5.00 per class. Please arrive at least 5-10 minutes early in order to settle into your space.
If you have any questions about The Rock, need information about our events, or anything else, please contact us at email@example.com. Also, if you have a prayer request to submit during the week (or anytime) send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our prayer warriors will receive these, as well as Pastor Mike Meyer.