- Anyone interested in the short-term mission opportunity to Guatemala (June 22-29, 2019) needs to contact Dr. Jen Janousek or Pastor Mike by January 20! Plans are being put into motion, so your urgent response is appreciated!
- If you miss a week at The Rock and want to hear the sermon (or just want to listen again), recordings of each week’s sermons can now be found on our website at http://www.therockseward.org/worship/ or on our Facebook page.
- The Hutton family is hard at work planting seeds of hope and Good News in Costa Rica. Click here to to watch a video of their latest news and consider how God might be calling you to support their work through your giving and prayer. Learn more about the Huttons and their work with Seeds of Hope (working in Costa Rica to prevent and combat sexual exploitation/trafficking, drugs, alcohol and violence while proclaiming the Gospel) on their website: https://groundedingrace.blog/about/
- We are still in need of ice melt. If you’re able to donate some, please drop it off inside the front doors. We use about 40-50 pounds each time there’s ice or snow and winter is just getting started! Thanks to all who have already donated some!
- Lincoln Walk for Life 2019: Mark your calendars now for the upcoming Walk for Life to be held in Lincoln on Saturday, January 26 at 10 a.m. at the north side of the State Capital at 14th & K. The walk is seven blocks through downtown to the UNL Student Union, finishing with a gathering in the 2nd floor Ballroom and Centennial Room. The event concludes at 1 p.m. Contact email@example.com or 402-438-4802 for more information. http://nebraskarighttolife.org/
- Concordia University, Nebraska is celebrating its 125th anniversary: In 2019, Concordia University, Nebraska is celebrating its 125th year of educational ministry. As part of these celebrations, on Saturday, March 23rd, Concordia and Jones Bank are presenting Celebration at the Lied, at Lincoln’s Lied Center for the Performing Arts.
This one time only concert, held in a fantastic setting, will feature Concordia University, Nebraska’s acclaimed music ensembles performing a variety of sacred and secular selections intended to entertain and inspire. It will be a great experience for any and all who enjoy Concordia’s music programs, in particular, as well as for those who simply enjoy quality choral and instrumental music. Tickets, which range from $45 to $15, are on sale now online.
- We are now collecting soap and shampoo for the Blue Valley Food Pantry item for January. The collection box is in The Rock cafe and our community appreciates your generosity.
- We have faith growth opportunities on Sunday mornings: Going Deeper, room 213, 8:45 with Pastor Mike. Women’s Bible study with Ann Schranz will resume sometime in the next year.
- Ladies’ Bible Study, Morning Amigos, meets from 10:15 to 11:30 in the Rock Cafe. Questions? Contact Karen Hoffbauer (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Marcia Newsome (email@example.com).
- Yoga at The Rock: Marge Rhodes teaches Yoga at The Rock on Thursdays at 5:30 p.m. All are welcome!
YogaFaith at The Rock: YogaFaith with Sara Moll and Erika Rolf meets in Room 216. Everyone is welcome to join us for 1 hour long Christ centered yoga classes – your first class is FREE! January schedule is as follows: SUNDAY 7:00-8:00 PM CANDLELIGHT YOGAFAITH AT THE ROCK – January 20 (Sara). TUESDAY 5:30-6:30 PM ALL LEVELS YOGAFAITH AT THE ROCK: Jan., 15, 22, 29 – Erika. FRIDAY 9:45-10:45 AM ALL LEVELS YOGAFAITH AT THE ROCK: Jan. 11, 18, 25 – Sara. Please contact Sara at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Also, find us here on Facebook for more updates.