- Due to a communication error, Friday, Dec 21 is NOT the date slotted for The Rock to ring bells for Salvation Army. The new date is Saturday, Dec 8 from 2:00p-7:00p. This date is being shared with Faith Lutheran and the Rotaract Group from CUNE. You can click here to sign up for a time slot. (Contact us if you need help signing up.) 90% of donations received through Salvation Army Red Kettles in Seward stays in Seward County! Help us make a difference in our community!
- We are out of ice melt. If you’re able to donate some, please drop it off inside the front doors.
- The 5-6th grade FaithInk kids are in need of socks for a project. If you have stray socks without their matching sock, too-small-socks, or socks that are too ugly to wear (but not holey), please bring them along this Sunday. We’ll also gladly take crafting scraps like bits of ribbon, felt, fabric, etc. A collection bag will be on the table in the Cafe, or find Kim Myers.
- Stepping Stones and FaithInk will take a break for the Christmas/New Year holidays on December 26 and January 2.
- Something’s fishy at The Rock! We’ll be collecting tuna for the Blue Valley Food Pantry item for December. The collection box is in The Rock cafe.
- We have faith growth opportunities on Sunday mornings: Going Deeper, room 213, 8:45 with Pastor Mike; Women’s study, room 217, 8:45, with Ann Schranz.
- Yoga at The Rock: Marge Rhodes is now teaching Yoga at The Rock on Thursdays at 5:30 p.m. All are welcome! Marge will have yoga class December 6, 13, and 20, and will start up again January 3.
YogaFaith with Sara Moll and Erika Rolf meets in Room 216 on the following dates: Tuesdays at 5:30 pm on December 4, 11, 18. Fridays at 9:45 am on Nov. 30, December 7, 14, 21 (Sara). Everyone is welcome to join us for 1 hour long Christ centered yoga class – your first class is FREE! Also this month we are offering a Candlelight YogaFaith class on Sunday, Dec. 9th from 7:00-8:15 pm (Erika is teaching). This class is Christ-centered, restful and appropriate for all levels. Room 216 at The Rock. $5.00 per class. Please contact Sara at email@example.com if you have any questions. Also, find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/YogaFaith-Seward-256010628294784/ for more updates.
Managing Holiday Stress
“Joy to the World….” But sometimes when we think of December and the New Year’s Eve/Day, we have a hard time feeling joyful. We may feel overwhelmed with all we think needs to get done. Or we may want the “perfect” home and gifts for everyone. So instead of joy, we feel stress.
As we begin December, here are some ideas to help keep our stress in check:
- Write down your top three priorities for this season. A priority example is time with family. Check decisions to see if they fit within your priorities. If not, you can feel good about saying “No”.
- Simplify your activities and traditions. Decide with your family which traditions are most important. It’s okay to make changes in past traditions.
- Schedule regular times for being still. Use Scripture, prayer, and devotionals to center your focus on your Heavenly Father. God will help you see if your choices align with what’s important.
- Build in regular “unplugged” time for your family. For example: Read a book or Advent devotion together. Listen to Christmas music and wrap presents. Drink hot chocolate and share Christmas memories. These moments may become your family’s favorite memory.
God, help us this season to be joy givers, not stress givers, to our family and friends. Amen
“Rejoice in the Lord always…. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:4-7