Skip to content
- This week, we continue our series called “The Sweet Life” and we’ll learn more about God from another delicious candy. In this series based on God’s Word, we’ll be reminded of His trustworthy promises to us as He shows us the truly “sweet” ways He “treats” those in His forever family.
- We’ll be having a potluck lunch followed by a voters’ meeting after the service on Sunday, August 19. The Rock will provide table service and drinks. We hope that you will provide the rest! Those with last names starting with A-M, please bring a main dish and a side dish to share. Those with names ending in N-Z, please bring a main dish and a salad (fruit or vegetable) to share. But even if you can’t bring something to share, please do stay with us and join the celebration. That is also the first Sunday Concordia University students will be back with us in worship, so be sure to greet them that day.
- We have one more week in July for our Blue Valley Food Pantry item of any type of canned meat that’s not tuna. (Tuna gets its own month!) The collection box is in The Rock cafe. Start shopping now for our August item of canned fruit.
- The Rock is looking for people willing to serve on the congregation’s Board of Directors. If you would be willing to serve in this capacity, contact Tim Moll or Pastor Mike.
- We have faith growth opportunities on Sunday mornings: Going Deeper, room 213, 8:45 with Pastor Mike; Women’s study, room 217, 8:45, with Ann Schranz.
- National Youth Gathering: The registration deadline for the 2019 National Youth Gathering is coming in October, so look for information here on our next meeting and commitment dates. Teens attending the youth gathering (July 11-15, 2019 in Minneapolis) should be entering ninth grade in the 2019-20 school year, or be new high school graduates. Those who are interested should join our Facebook group to keep up with news, or send their contact information to Kim Myers by replying to this newsletter.
- Women’s Midweek Bible Study: If you are free in the mornings, there is a Bible Study open to all women. We meet every Thursday morning from 10:15 am-11:30 am in the Rock Café. There is no homework! We study a Proverbs 31 devotion and usually have time for prayer. We would love to have you join us. Please email Sara Moll at email@example.com if you are interested in joining us or if you have any questions. Bible study will not be held August 2.
- YogaFaith at The Rock: Two all-levels Christian Yoga classes are offered at The Rock each week. Please bring a mat! Classes cost $5.00 but your first class is FREE. Find us in Room 216 on Tuesdays at 5:30 pm and Fridays at 9:45 am. If you have any questions please email Sara Moll at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow us on Facebook at YogaFaith-Seward or Instagram @yogafaithseward.