- THIS SUNDAY. When is it too late? Are death-bed conversions really a thing? Join us this Sunday at 10:00 am for another installment of Jesus: The Final Days. We’ll look at Jesus’ interactions with the criminals who were crucified with him and what it means for us. Want to get a head start? Read Luke 23:32-43. NOTE: On Sunday, April 9, we’ll celebrate with a number of young people at the Rock at they confirm their faith.
- QUESTIONS, QUESTIONS. Do you have questions about what we teach and believe at the Rock? Do you have questions about how to get involved in the Rock? Do you have questions about becoming a member at the Rock? Do you like to eat pizza after worship on Sundays? If you have questions, plan to stay after worship on Sunday, April 23, for ACCESS THE ROCK from 11:30 am to 1pm. Lunch will be provided. To sign up, please respond to this email or sign up in the Rock Café or email Pastor Mike at email@example.com.
- COMFORT DOG: We continue to move closer to the day Lutheran Church Charities will “pass the leash” to the Rock. Interviews for dog handlers are being scheduled and the process is moving. Keep watching for more updates. Also, the next time you see someone from St. John Lutheran School, give them a big thank you hug or handshake. They have designated chapel offerings at the school for the support of the comfort dog ministry at the Rock and recently donated over $300! It is a great blessing to have them partner with us. If you would like more information about the comfort dog or would like to be involved, please respond to this email or contact Randy Newsome.
- DOUBLE THE YOGA AT THE ROCK: There are two opportunities for Yoga at The Rock! Marge leads a yoga class on Thursdays at 5:30 pm which is going great and will continue at a cost of $5. Also, another class is available on Tuesdays at 5:30 pm. Everyone is welcome to YOGAFAITH – flow and stretch with Erika or Emma in Room 211 at The Rock. The new class is an all-levels Christian basic yoga class to help you focus and connect with Him while you strengthen, stretch and balance. Please bring a mat! Classes are $5 but the first class is FREE.
- LADIES BIBLE STUDY LEADER: A number of ladies have expressed interest in a bible study opportunity in the evenings or on the weekend, but we need a leader. Would you consider leading a group? You could meet every week or every other week or whatever works best and we have lots of materials available. Please respond to this email if you would consider leading.
- LIT: Mark your calendar. The next LIT (Living in Truth) event at the Rock for 8th graders and high schools will be in the evening on Sunday, April 30.
- BLUE VALLEY PANTRY: It’s a new month and time for a new item for the Pantry. We’re going off the normal schedule this month. The food item for April is baloney (or bologna) – think “my baloney has a first name…”. Help us bless the pantry with a bunch of baloney! Or, you can remember what day it is today and grab some paper towels.