Here’s your Rock news for the week:
- THIS SUNDAY: We’re going through 5 simple practices you can do every day and everywhere to help connect people to Jesus. Week 1 was “Seeking the Kingdom” (looking for a place where a little grace or a little truth can be applied). Week 2 was “Hearing from Jesus” (getting into Matthew, Mark, Luke and John in the Bible to watch what Jesus did and hear what He said). Week 3 was “Talking to People” (creating agenda-less friendships with people around you). Join us at 10am at the Lied Senior Center this Sunday for Week 4 and “Doing Good.” Come casual, bring a friend and grab some coffee or cookies or your way in.
Also, don’t forget to pick up a copy of the book, Joining Jesus on His Mission, by Greg Finke. They will be available on Sunday. Want to know more about Greg Finke and Dwelling 1:14? Click here: http://www.dwelling114.org/.
- ROCKING THE BLOGOSPHERE. Check out the updated web site (www.therockseward.org) and read Pastor Mike’s blog. It’s under the “NEWS” tab on the home page.
- WEDNESDAY NIGHT IS WORK NIGHT AT THE NEW ROCK. There are lots of things to do at the new Rock. For the next few weeks, Wednesday nights from 5pm to 8pmor so will be work nights at the new Rock (237 S. 2nd Street). This Wednesday will be more painting so please come and help if you can. Big thanks to all those who have been helping. Also, if you have time on a weekend to do some work, check in with Dave Kumm (firstname.lastname@example.org) and he can help you coordinate or be part of a work group.
- CHAIR-IT-ABLE CONTRIBUTIONS. 157 chairs so far!! We’ve blown past the half-way mark and are making steady progress toward the goal of 300. As you will note on the chair progress chart at the Rock, we’ve taken care of the chairs in the front first so the prime chairs in the back are now available for only $50 each! Let’s finish strong so there are plenty of seats in the back! Thanks to all who have contributed so far. God is good.
- NEED LEADERS. We need a few more leaders to fill out the Board of Directors and the Ambassadors. Would you be interested in sharing your talents with the Rock in this way? If you are interested or if you have questions, please respond to this email or see me at church this Sunday.
- ICE CREAM AND ANNUAL MEETING: We will hold our annual voter’s meeting and ice cream social at 1:30 pm in the Seward Civic Center basement on Sunday, July 19. Bring the kids for ice cream – child care will be available. We’ll start out with ice cream and tons of toppings, then take time to adopt updated bylaws (and eat ice cream), adopt a budget and elect leaders (and eat ice cream), review that status of our new facilities, review and approve an operational plan for the upcoming year (and eat ice cream) and consider applying for a comfort dog for the Rock (who has to eat dog food and not ice cream). Please watch your email over the next several days as I will be sending multiple emails with the meeting agenda and materials you can review in advance. Oh, and did I mention there would be ice cream? NOTE: Everyone is welcome and encouraged to attend and participate, but only voting members of the Rock can vote. If you aren’t a voting member and want to be, or if you aren’t sure if you are a voting member, contact Bill Schranz (Bill.Schranz@cune.edu) ASAP.
- BLUE VALLEY PANTRY: July is canned meat month except for tuna (sorry Charlie). Grab some spam (or other meat variety) and drop it off at the Rockany time this month.
Blessings on your weekend.