- You are invited to join Trail Life for an Evening of Fishing and Fun on Aug 26th at 4:30 pm at the Seward Pond at the Fairgrounds. There will be fishing, games and a hot dog meal. Trail Life is a Christian Outdoor Adventure group for boys, ages 5-17. Contact Troopmaster Rick Backhus 402-532-2143 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. We hope to see you there!
- Stepping Stones & FaithInk Kickoff Picnic:
When: Wednesday, Sept. 5th at 6pm
Where: Plum Creek Park – Softball fields (at the shelter that’s part of the 2-plex on the west side of Karol Kay Blvd, next to the tennis courts).
What: Sloppy Joes, buns, plates, and utensils will be provided
Note: Please bring drinks for your family and a side dish or dessert to share
*If it rains, we’ll hold the picnic at The Rock in the cafe on the third floor.
- Nicodemus Comfort Dog needs more handlers! Handlers accompany Nico on all his outings and need the following qualifications: (a) available for a minimum of 2-5 hours two or three times a week; (b) open to learning; (c) committed to learning Nico’s commands; (d) physically able to work with and exercise Nico; (e) open to listening and being quiet; and (f) able to pray with others during ministry moments. It is a big commitment and an awesome opportunity to see God at work. Please feel free to talk to any of Nico’s current handlers for more information (Corey Gray, Danna Seevers, Sara Moll, Marcia Newsome, Linda Brettman, Brenda Rief, and Randy Newsome). They are all available with more information about being a handler and the application and training process. The next Comfort Dog handler training you could attend is in Northbrook, Illinois in January 2019. Please contact Top Dog, Randy Newsome at email@example.com or 402-643-6595 for more information.
- We’ve got one more week to fill up our Blue Valley Food Pantry collection box with canned fruit, our item for August. Add some to your shopping list and bring it along to bless others. The collection box is in The Rock cafe. Start stocking up on September’s item of boxed meals.
- On August 26, at 12:30 in the fellowship hall at St. John Lutheran Church in Seward, Tim Moll will present a free seminar on preparing your will. Lunch and childcare will be provided. Register here.
- We have faith growth opportunities on Sunday mornings: Going Deeper, room 213, 8:45 with Pastor Mike; Women’s study, room 217, 8:45, with Ann Schranz.
- National Youth Gathering: Registration for the 2019 national youth gathering will be due in early October, along with a non-refundable deposit (for teens & adult leaders). Some specific info to help you plan: the fee for the Gathering is $365 per participant. Another $40-50 for the Nebraska District event. Most of the rest of the cost will be hotel, food, and transportation. Look for information soon on a meeting with more details.
Families of those who are interested, please click here and fill out this quick survey with some basic information to help us get started with our planning. Teens attending the youth gathering (July 11-15, 2019 in Minneapolis) should be entering ninth grade in the 2019-20 school year, or be new high school graduates. Those who are interested should join our Facebook group to keep up with news, or send their contact information to Kim Myers by replying to this newsletter.
- Women’s Midweek Bible Study: If you are free in the mornings, there is a Bible Study open to all women. We meet every Thursday morning from 10:15 am-11:30 am in the Rock Café. There is no homework! We study a Proverbs 31 devotion and usually have time for prayer. We would love to have you join us. Please email Sara Moll at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in joining us or if you have any questions.
- YogaFaith at The Rock: This fall we are happy to announce that we will be keeping the Friday morning YogaFaith class! Our August schedule is as follows: Tuesdays at 5:30 pm on August 7, 14, 21, and 28 and Fridays at 9:45 am on August 10, 17, 24 and 31.
- Did you know that you can give to The Rock electronically? Joyful Response is a way for individuals to make their stewardship commitment to God through The Rock on a regular basis. They can determine the start and stop date of the giving as well as the intervals of payment. This is a simple way for each of us to support the ministry through The Rock. People can designate their gifts to be split out towards the general fund or maybe they want some money to go into a building fund or outreach fund.
Click here for an electronic offering form. Forms need to be turned in to Rock treasurer Dave Kumm for processing.