- Anyone interested in the short-term mission opportunity to Guatemala (June 22-29, 2019) needs to contact Dr. Jen Janousek or Pastor Mike by this Sunday! Plans are being put into motion, so your urgent response is appreciated!
- Families with teens headed to the National Youth Gathering this July are invited to a short meeting about fundraising and travel on February 3, in the cafe after the morning service.
- Gary Thies from Mission Central in Iowa will be joining us at The Rock for Bible class (8:45) and in the worship service on February 10. He would love to share with you the news of what is really happening in missions through the LCMS. Be sure to invite someone to come with you because you, too, are a missionary! Gary brings to you and the congregation an in-person presentation with pictures and artifacts direct from the mission field. He has visited 75 countries and continues to connect weekly with over 100 LCMS missionaries around the world. More information at www.missioncentral.us.
- Two Scholarship Opportunities: Thrivent Student Resources is giving away $5,000 that you can use for higher education . Enter today for your chance to be one of FOUR lucky winners. Visit https://bit.ly/2v1PUnH to enter. Open to US residents 14 or older. Complete official rules available through the link.
Applications are now available for the 2019 $1,000 Lutheran Church Extension Fund (LCEF) Nebraska District Scholarship. Applicants must be a graduating high school senior or current full-time post-secondary student at an accredited institution with at least one year of courses remaining. Candidates must also be members of a congregation belonging to The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod located in the Nebraska District. Completed applications must be received by January 31, 2019. More information and an online application can be found at: https://lcefcentral.org/scholarships/
- We are still in need of ice melt. If you’re able to donate some, please drop it off inside the front doors. We use about 40-50 pounds each time there’s ice or snow and winter is just getting started! Thanks to all who have already donated some!
- Lincoln Walk for Life 2019: Mark your calendars now for the upcoming Walk for Life to be held in Lincoln on Saturday, January 26 at 10 a.m. at the north side of the State Capital at 14th & K. The walk is seven blocks through downtown to the UNL Student Union, finishing with a gathering in the 2nd floor Ballroom and Centennial Room. The event concludes at 1 p.m.
The Nebraska Walk for Life is the largest, longest-running First Amendment demonstration at the State Capitol. It is sponsored by Nebraska Right to Life and was started in January 1974 in response to the 1973 U.S.Supreme Court decision legalizing abortion. The Nebraska Walk for Life is a legal, peaceful, family friendly event. Parking is available around the Capitol and south of the Capitol as well in downtown metered parking and parking garages. People are encouraged to dress warmly, bring signs and banners and march for Life! Questions can be directed to Nebraska Right to Life at 402-438-4802 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Learn more at http://nebraskarighttolife.org/.
- Lutheran Marriage Encounter has been hosting weekends for 50 years enriching thousands of marriages. These couples have had the opportunity to renew not only their relationship with each other, but also with God and with their church. To celebrate their 50th anniversary, Marriage Encounter is offering a 50% discount off the application fee. This year’s event will be held March 1-3 at the Ramada Midtown in Grand Island. To learn more and to register, click here: https://godlovesmarriage.org/event/marriage-encounter-grand-island-ne/
- Read an update from Ashley Johnson, missionary to Cambodia with Mission of Christ Network, and learn more about the amazing work God is doing there. Click here to read.
- Concordia University, Nebraska is celebrating its 125th anniversary: In 2019, Concordia University, Nebraska is celebrating its 125th year of educational ministry. As part of these celebrations, on Saturday, March 23rd, Concordia and Jones Bank are presenting Celebration at the Lied, at Lincoln’s Lied Center for the Performing Arts.
This one time only concert, held in a fantastic setting, will feature Concordia University, Nebraska’s acclaimed music ensembles performing a variety of sacred and secular selections intended to entertain and inspire. It will be a great experience for any and all who enjoy Concordia’s music programs, in particular, as well as for those who simply enjoy quality choral and instrumental music. Tickets, which range from $45 to $15, are on sale now online.
- We are now collecting soap and shampoo for the Blue Valley Food Pantry item for January. The collection box is in The Rock cafe and our community appreciates your generosity.
- Part-Time Finance Assistant Position: Trinity Lutheran Church in Lincoln is seeking a permanent part-time Finance Assistant. This position works closely with Trinity’s Church treasurer and supports financial activity for the Church, Elementary School and Early Childhood Education (ECE) Program.
An accounting degree, while not required, is helpful; but experience with financial statements and QuickBooks or other accounting software is required. Candidates for this position must be proficient with Microsoft Excel and must have the aptitude to work with payroll and church record systems. Inquiries and resumes may be submitted to the Church office: 724 South 12th Street, Lincoln, NE 68508; phone: 402-474-0606; or electronically to: email@example.com.
- We have faith growth opportunities on Sunday mornings: Going Deeper, room 213, 8:45 with Pastor Mike. Women’s Bible study with Ann Schranz will resume sometime in the next year.
- Ladies’ Bible Study, Morning Amigos, meets from 10:15 to 11:30 in the Rock Cafe. Questions? Contact Karen Hoffbauer (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Marcia Newsome (email@example.com).
- Yoga at The Rock: Marge Rhodes teaches Yoga at The Rock on Thursdays at 5:30 p.m. All are welcome!
YogaFaith with Sara Moll and Erika Rolf meets in Room 216. Everyone is welcome to join for 1 hour long Christ centered yoga classes – your first class is FREE! January schedule is as follows:
–Sunday 7:00-8:00 p.m. Candlelight YogaFaith at The Rock – January 20 (Sara)
–Tuesday 5:30-6:30 p.m. All levels YogaFaith at The Rock: Jan. 22, 29 – Erika
–Friday 9:45-10:45 a.m. All levels YogaFaith at The Rock: Jan. 18, 25 – Sara
Please contact Sara at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Also, find them here on Facebook for more updates.