Join us on Sunday for the start of a new sermon series: In Search of the Perfect You. We’re always striving to make ourselves better–and that can be a good thing–but in the end there is always failure. Weight comes back, bodies fail, minds fail, jobs end. We all meet the same ultimate fate so putting all your efforts into finding the “perfect you” here on earth will lead to disappointment. So how do we focus on the perfect version of ourselves that God has planned for us? We start this Sunday with “We’re Focusing on the Wrong Body.”
This Saturday! Spring Clean Up Day at The Rock: The Rock needs a little spring cleaning. Please join us on Saturday morning, May 12 from 9 a.m. to noon at The Rock for some indoor and outdoor cleanup. Inside we will be washing windows, moving chairs and (if there is enough help) starting to disassemble the lockers on the lower level. Outside we’ll be raking, trimming, pruning, digging and planting. If you have them, bring your rakes, hedge trimmers, pruners, shovels, step-ladders, hammers, pry-bars and gloves. Also, we are in need of a couple of roto-tillers to use that morning. Come for the whole time or just come when you can. The more volunteers we have the quicker it will all go. In case of rain, we’ll cancel and try again on May 19. Thanks! (High school students can bring their community service hours log and get some credit for their help!)
The Juniors godparents group will have a garage sale May 25th (from 1-8) and 26th (from 8-3) at 1150 Plainview Ave. All funds raised will be donated to World Vision to purchase Bibles and life saving medical supplies. They will also have a free will donation bake sale. Stop by when you’re out for the Seward community garage sale. Questions? Contact Jacquelyn or Matthew Schranz.
Our Blue Valley Food Pantry item for May is Kleenex. Drop some off in the collection box in the cafe at any time during May. If you still have paper towels to give (our April item), you can bring those in as well. Thanks for your generosity!
Camp Luther in Schuyler needs counselors! They are looking for two more male camp counselors for this summer, and one more female counselor. The main requirements are: be a college student or high school graduate, and be excited to share the good news of Jesus with campers of all ages. Anyone who is interested should call Aaron Wendorff (Youth Ministries Director) at 402-352-5655 or 507-7662165 or email him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Camp Luther of Nebraska has some incredible activities planned this summer and registration is still open. Families can register their kids today at www.campluther.org/summer.
We have faith growth opportunities on Sunday mornings: Going Deeper, room 213, 8:45 with Pastor Mike; Women’s study, room 217, 8:45, with Ann Schranz.
Women’s Midweek Bible Study: If you are free in the mornings, there is a Bible Study open to all women. We meet every Thursday morning from 10:15 am-11:30 am in the Rock Café. There is no homework! We study a Proverbs 31 devotion and usually have time for prayer. We would love to have you join us. Please email Sara Moll at email@example.com if you are interested in joining us or if you have any questions.
Yoga at The Rock: Everyone is welcome to join us at The Rock for two exercise opportunities! On Tuesdays and Thursdays there is Yoga in Room 211 from 5:30-6:30 pm. Marge Rhodes teaches the class on Thursdays. All levels are welcome! On Tuesdays, Sara Moll and Erika Rolf take turns teaching YogaFaith. This class is an all-levels Christian Yoga class. Our focus is to help you stretch, strengthen, and balance focusing on JESUS and your relationship with HIM. Please bring a mat! Classes cost $5.00 but your first class is FREE. If you have any questions please email Sara Moll at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Stay for Lunch! Everyone is invited to stay for lunch right after worship on Sunday, January 7. If you are able to bring food, we would ask those with last names ending in A-M to bring a main dish and a salad or vegetable, and those with last names ending in N-Z to bring a main dish and a dessert. If it doesn’t work for you to bring food, plan to stay anyway as there should be enough to go around. Drinks and table service will be provided.
- Pastor Mike just got back into town. He will be at The Rock for the Sunday service, but Rev. Rich Boring will be leading the message time. Last week he talked about hope, and this week he is going to look at what to do when hopelessness sets in.
- The January item for the Blue Valley Pantry is soap and shampoo. Leave your donations in the collection box near the main door of The Rock Café.
- We only need 5 more signups to hit our goal for LCEF accounts. You only need $25 to start up one of these accounts, and if we hit our goal, it will lower the interest on our loan. Learn more about Lutheran Church Extension Fund here. Contact Dave Kumm for more information.
- Stepping Stones, Faith Ink, and Godparents groups start up again this Wednesday. If your child isn’t yet a part of one of these great opportunities to learn more about the God who loves them, contact us for more information about how to get involved.
- A Sunday morning Bible Study for women, will begin on Sunday, January 7, at 8:45 at The ROCK. We will be studying the book of Matthew. Please join us! Contact Ann Schranz with any questions.
- Camp Luther Summer Camp registration is now open! View their online brochure and register your child today at www.campluther.org/summer! Dates, prices, camp descriptions, and answers to frequently asked questions including discounts and financial aid, can all be found there as well. (Camp Luther is located in Schuyler.) If your child has never been to camp, or if you have any questions or concerns of any sort, don’t hesitate to contact them. You can email them at email@example.com or call 402-352-5655.