- It’s time to sing! Kids (or adults) with musical talents can sign up for a slot to play or sing a song before worship starts on the Sundays in December. Just click on the form below or contact Megan Boggs in church on Sunday. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a0a4faea623a1fb6-christmas
- Team Nicodemus will host an Advent meal fundraiser at St. John in Seward: On Wed., Dec. 18, at 4:45pm, Nicodemus Comfort Dog Team will be serving beef tacos (soft & hard shell) and cookies for the Advent meal in the St. John Fellowship Hall. The team needs donations of cookies for this event. Please contact Brenda Rief at 402-641-1262 or email@example.com if you can help out in this way.
- Join us for our Christmas services! Our Stepping Stones kids will sing during the service on Sunday, December 22. Bring the family and your friends for our Christmas Eve service with candlelight and singing on December 24 at 5:30.
- We’re looking for volunteers/families/groups to ring bells for Salvation Army representing The Rock. Our date/time is Saturday, December 14 from 1:00-5:00pm. We will ask people to sign up for an hour shift. Over 90% percent of Salvation Army red kettle donations collected in Seward come back to the Seward Ministerial Association for distribution to those in need.
- Greeters are needed to welcome people on Sunday mornings to our worship service. No experience necessary! Sign up is easy -- just go to https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090c4ea4af2ca0fb6-connect. Pick the date(s) that work for you. On that date be here around 9:45 with a warm smile! Name tags are on the Cafe counter.
- Join St. John Lutheran Church in Seward for their Breakfast in Bethlehem on Saturday, December 14. Family breakfast is from 8:30-11, and activities (crafts, games, photo booth, etc.) are from 9-11:30. The cost is $1 per person and no pre-purchase or reservation is needed.
- It’s football season! Come join some of the men of The Rock at the Sparetime during football game halftime for devotions.
- Every month we collect items for the Blue Valley Community Action Pantry. The collection box is in The Rock cafe and our community appreciates your generosity. This December, we’re collecting tuna. If you still have November’s item of toothpaste, bring some too!
- Join us for some faith growth opportunities on Sunday mornings before the service: Going Deeper meets in room 213, 8:45 with Pastor Mike.
- Ladies’ Bible Study, Morning Amigos, meets from 10:15 to 11:30 on Thursdays in the Rock Cafe. Questions? Contact Karen Hoffbauer (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Marcia Newsome (email@example.com).
- Everyone is welcome to YogaFaith – flow and stretch with Erika or Sara in Room 216 at The Rock (237 South 3rd). Join us for an all-levels Christian yoga class to help you focus and connect with Him while you strengthen, stretch and balance. Please bring a mat, if you are able, but we do have mats that you can borrow. Classes meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 5:30 p.m. and Fridays at 9:00 a.m. Also, on Sunday nights at 7:00 p.m., join us for a gentle and relaxing Candlelight YogaFaith class at The Rock. These classes focus on stretching and slow movements. They are Christ-centered, restful and appropriate for all levels. First class is free; after that it is $5.00 per class. Please arrive at least 5-10 minutes early in order to settle into your space. **No classes November 28 & 29!**
If you have any questions about The Rock, need information about our events, or anything else, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, if you have a prayer request to submit during the week (or anytime) send it to email@example.com. Our prayer warriors will receive these, as well as Pastor Mike Meyer.