- Due to a communication error, Friday, Dec 21 is NOT the date slotted for The Rock to ring bells for Salvation Army. The new date is this Saturday, Dec 8 from 2:00p-7:00pm and there are still a few spots open. This date is being shared with Faith Lutheran and the Rotaract Group from CUNE. You can click here to sign up for a time slot. (Contact us if you need help signing up.) 90% of donations received through Salvation Army Red Kettles in Seward stays in Seward County! Help us make a difference in our community!
- On Friday, Dec.14 at 6:00 p.m., we have an opportunity to provide a meal for the Concordia University men’s basketball team while they are on campus and food service is not available. We'll be feeding 6-17 players, and will need fruit, veggies, desserts, plates, etc. along with willing hands to serve and clean up. (High school students in need of service hours should consider helping out!) Click the link to sign up for something to bring. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a0a4faea623a1fb6-cumens
- Thanks to those who have already brought ice melt. If you’re able to donate some, please drop it off inside the front doors.
- Stepping Stones and FaithInk will take a break for the Christmas/New Year holidays on December 26 and January 2.
- As Christmas approaches, the City of Seward, along with both Volzke and Zabka Funeral Homes, will again be sponsoring a Candlelight Memorial Ceremony to remember and honor those who have passed away on Monday, December 17 at 6:00 p.m. at the north cemetery (located at Highway 15/Waverly Rd.). All are invited to attend and bring an ornament in memory of their loved ones to place on the Memorial Tree. Contact City Hall with questions: 402-643-2928.
- Lincoln Walk for Life 2019: Mark your calendars now for the upcoming Walk for Life to be held in Lincoln on Saturday, January 26 at 10 a.m. at the north side of the State Capital at 14th & K. The walk is seven blocks through downtown to the UNL Student Union, finishing with a gathering in the 2nd floor Ballroom and Centennial Room. The event concludes at 1 p.m. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-438-4802 for more information. http://nebraskarighttolife.org/
- Something’s fishy at The Rock! We’ll be collecting tuna for the Blue Valley Food Pantry item for December. The collection box is in The Rock cafe.
- We have faith growth opportunities on Sunday mornings: Going Deeper, room 213, 8:45 with Pastor Mike; Women’s study, room 217, 8:45, with Ann Schranz.
- Yoga at The Rock: Marge Rhodes is now teaching Yoga at The Rock on Thursdays at 5:30 p.m. All are welcome! Marge will have yoga class December 6, 13, and 20, and will start up again January 3. YogaFaith with Sara Moll and Erika Rolf meets in Room 216 on the following dates: Tuesdays at 5:30 pm on December 11, 18. Fridays at 9:45 am on December 7, 14, 21 (Sara). Everyone is welcome to join us for 1 hour long Christ centered yoga class – your first class is FREE! Also this month we are offering a Candlelight YogaFaith class on Sunday, Dec. 9th from 7:00-8:15 pm (Erika is teaching). This class is Christ-centered, restful and appropriate for all levels. Room 216 at The Rock. $5.00 per class. Please contact Sara at email@example.com if you have any questions. Also, find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/YogaFaith-Seward-256010628294784/ for more updates.