Remember to join us for our Ash Wednesday service this week at 6:30. Imposition of ashes will be available for those who wish. Parents, this will take the place of Stepping Stones and FaithInk. Please plan to attend with your whole family. Join us before the service for a taco/nacho meal. See below for details.
Another way to support the building fund
If you’re looking for another way to support the Rock, Emmi Moll currently has artwork for sale with all proceeds going to the fundraiser for building repairs. The art is on display at Neutral Grounds coffee shop in Seward through the end of February.
The “Solid through the Storm” building initiative will prepare The Rock to address facility repairs arising from last summer’s hail storm. As shared previously, The Rock’s insurance deductible is $45,000 and total costs are still not fully known. Any funds raised beyond the storm repair costs will be held in reserve for additional facility repairs and improvements deemed ministry priorities. Goal: $45,000 total by 6-30-2023
Men’s breakfasts have started again
Men’s breakfasts have resumed on Saturday mornings at 7:00 a.m. in the Rock cafe.
Support the Guatemala mission trip with upcoming fundraisers
Did you know The Rock has 12 mission team members traveling to Guatemala in June? With high airfare prices and inflation impacting team expenses/fees in Guatemala, they could really use your support with two upcoming fundraising opportunities:
- This Wednesday, February 22, the mission team will be hosting a nacho/taco meal from 5:30-6:30pm at The Rock before the Ash Wednesday church service at 6:30. Free will offering donations are greatly appreciated.
- Raffle Opportunity: The team will be hosting a raffle to give away 4 MercyMe concert tickets + $50 gift certificate for dinner at the restaurant of the winner’s choice! Package valued at $250. The MercyMe concert is on March 26 at 7pm at Pinnacle Bank Arena in Lincoln. Seats are section 114, row 12, seats 7-10. Raffle tickets will be sold before/after church on Sundays and Ash Wednesday or by contacting a team member directly. 1 raffle ticket for $10 or 3 for $20; Drawing on March 1.
Muchas Gracias from the Guatemala Team Members: Pastor Mike Meyer, Michaela Twito, Keegan Beisel, Rachel Ada, Hannah Beintema, Emma Dannehl, Heidi and Joseph Gubanyi, Lawson Luebbe, Jen, Aubrey, and Lathan Janousek
Team Nicodemus Meeting
Interested in becoming a handler or ministry assistant for Nicodemus Comfort Dog? The next regular scheduled Nico Team Meeting will be on Sunday, February 26 in Room 217 on the second floor at the Rock at 11:20.
Tales of the Wag – Stories about the Comfort Dog Ministry
Last time I wrote about relationships being built over time in this ministry with God’s grace right in the middle of the construction. This time I would like to look at how God connects His dog and our brains. Our Nico is AKC certified and has passed the AKC good citizenship test. He is trained to the level of a service dog. Nico has been conditioned to remain calm in most situations. To this training Nico, just as all LCC K-9 Comfort Dogs, has been commissioned through the Holy Spirit into His service. Our God-created brains have brain chemicals or hormones to help us process our lives. Cortisol, the fight or flight hormone, is produced under stress, fear, anxiety, and trauma. Needed, but if not controlled or removed, cortisol can have an ill effect on our health. This is where a ‘pet’ can help. As one pets Nico, it is processed in a different part of our brains than the stress, fear, anxiety, and trauma. During the ‘pet’ other hormones are produced, like oxytocin and dopamine. These hormones calm us and actually give a rest to our brains. The tale: A circle of CUNE students are petting Nico and are having conversation with each other, as well as the Handler. A young lady walks up to the circle and gets a hand onto Nico but doesn’t talk, just pets. The students leave but she remains to tell us that her stomach ache has stopped since petting Nico. With some enthusiasm she expresses that she is ready to go back to meet the challenge of her project that caused her stomach ache. Her brain rested, she received some calm, then her brain reset under God’s grace. Our Team has seen this happen on a very large scale with trauma, as well as with a kindergartener having a bad morning. The rest, the calm, the reset under God’s Grace. Next time I want to write about the Power that God puts into the ‘pet’. Until that time, may you absorb our Lord’s Presence, Peace, and Love. Thoughts from Marcia Newsome.
Blue Valley Community Action
Our February item for the Blue Valley food pantry is soup, which we collect in a tub in the Rock cafe. Thanks for being a blessing to the community in this way! You can see our Blue Valley Pantry item schedule on our website. Year-round they also collect the following: pasta, pasta meal mixes, instant potato side dishes, and mashed potatoes. They’ve had quite a few more families making use of the pantry this winter, so your help is greatly appreciated.
Join Erika Rolf (RYT-200) or Sara Moll (RYT-200) for Christian YogaFaith classes at The Rock!
February class offerings are as follows:
- Online Sonrise YogaFaith Class (online class – take anytime and as many times as you want – a new 30 Minute class is offered each month) – 2/6 (Erika)
- Tune up Tuesday at CUNE (for Concordia University students) at 3:45-4:30 pm/Cattle Conference Center – 2/14 (Sara), 2/28 (Erika) FREE
- All Level Tuesdays at 5:30 pm CST at The Rock – 2/7, 2/14, 2/21, 2/28 (Erika)
- All Level Thursdays at 5:30 pm CST at The Rock – 2/2, 2/9, 2/16, (Sara) 2/23 (Sara or Erika)
- Flow and Go Saturdays from 8:00-8:45 am CST at The Rock – Possible Pop Up classes (watch your e-mail and social media for dates)
- Restorative YogaFaith from 7:00-8:00 pm CST at The Rock – 2/5 (Sara), 2/12 (Erika), 2/19 (Erika), 2/26 (Erika)* SIGN UP IN ADVANCE PLEASE.
Please see their Facebook page for a full calendar and more information. https://www.facebook.com/YogaFaith-Seward-256010628294784/
Our Website | http://www.therockseward.org/
Giving while at home | http://www.therockseward.org/giving-at-the-rock/
Vimeo | https://vimeo.com/therockseward
YouTube | https://www.youtube.com/c/TheRockSewardNebraska
Facebook | https://www.facebook.com/therockseward
Contact Us | email@example.com
Prayer Requests | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail | PO Box 199, Seward, NE 68434
Prayer requests are received by our prayer warriors, as well as Pastor Mike Meyer. If you would like them kept confidential and not included in public prayers on Sundays, just let us know in your email.