Join us for church today as we start a new series about the masks we wear.
Watch on YouTube // Watch on Facebook // Watch on our website
Stepping Stones (Pre-K thru 4th grade children’s ministry) is in the process of planning to start back up in September. We need some more leaders and helpers to help our children continue to grow in their baptismal faith each week. Is God nudging you to serve His little children in this way? We’d love for you to learn and grow with us too! The curriculum we use is very user friendly. You can email email@example.com, call 402-643-6624, or message us on The Rock’s Facebook page with your intentions or any other questions.
The Rock Ambassadors and Directors, along with Pastor Mike, have jointly determined to continue recorded online worship services through June. They continue to develop a plan following state guidelines for public worship that will be accompanied by a live webcast. Technology for the live webcast capability is being acquired and is expected to be in place by July.
As we head into summer, the lawn at The Rock is growing quickly! We try to mow and trim at least once a week. Please consider signing up for a week when you can mow and/or trim. If you can mow, but not trim, that’s okay. Or maybe you can trim, but not mow. That’s okay, too. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Mowing is generally done on Friday or Saturday. If you’re signing up to mow for the first time, you’ll be contacted and instructed how to get the mower and how to operate it. Click here to sign up and help us keep our lawn from becoming a jungle.
The Lutheran Chapel at University of Nebraska is still looking for individuals interested in building a friendship with an international student online. They have many students from countries like China, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Iran, etc. who would really enjoy making an American friend. Volunteers would meet a student online for about 45 minutes, once a week, at a time that works for both them and the student. They have a number of female students they want to pair with a female volunteer.
This is a great opportunity to learn about another culture, share about our culture, and most importantly to share the Good News of Jesus Christ in the context of an ongoing friendship. If you are interested in this, please e-mail Mark at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep up with the news from missionaries who’ve visited The Rock. You can visit our Beyond Borders to learn more about them and make a donation to support their work. The Hutton family’s (working in Costa Rica) latest newsletter can be found here, and Ashley Johnson’s (working in Cambodia) can be found here.
We are offering more “drive up” Holy Communion appointments in June (Saturday the 20th and Wednesday the 24th) for those who are interested. We ask you to stay in your cars for a two-part process of giving you a bag with your bread/wine as you drive up and then driving forward to pray with Pastor Mike. We are asking families to indicate which dates they will come, whether they will come at the top or bottom of the hour, and how many will be taking communion in each car so we can prepare properly for each date.
Please respond by Sunday evening for Wednesday communion and by Wednesday noon for Saturday communion. Click here to make your reservation now so we can prepare properly.
Join YogaFaith through Facebook Live! YogaFaith will still be teaching via Facebook Live on June 16 and 19. Sara teaches on Fridays at 9:00 am, and Erika teaches Tuesdays at 5:30 pm. The classes are available live at the set times on “YogaFaith-Seward Private Member Group” found at this link. If you are not already part of the group, click on the link and request to join. But we will be offering in person classes soon!
Coming June 23…. We are so excited to be opening up the YogaFaith room at The Rock for in-person classes (and we will continue to teach online as well).
To stay 6 feet apart, we are limiting the number of people in the room to 6 (including Sara and Erika) so you will have to register in advance for an in-person class. Please click on this link to sign up for a class. Please check our Facebook page for more details.
We now have 4 giving options:
- You can mail your offering checks to us at: The Rock Church, PO Box 199, Seward, NE 68434
- Download the GivePlus app and give to The Rock using your smartphone. Enjoy the convenience of making credit or debit card donations as a guest user, or create an account to set up recurring donations and view your giving history.
- Give online through InFaith and your donation can be made via credit/debit card or Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) through your checking/savings account. Through a collaboration with the InFaith Community Foundation and Thrivent Financial, The Rock will not be assessed any fees if you give through this online portal.
- Joyful Response is a way for individuals to make their stewardship commitment to God through The Rock on a regular basis. They can determine the start and stop date of the giving as well as the intervals of payment. This is a simple way for each of us to support the ministry through The Rock. People can designate their gifts to be split out towards the general fund or maybe they want some money to go into a building fund or outreach fund.
- Click here for an electronic offering form. Forms need to be turned in to Rock treasurer Dave Kumm for processing. You can mail them to The Rock while we’re not gathering.
If you have any questions about The Rock, need information about our events, or anything else, please contact us at email@example.com. Also, if you have a prayer request to submit during the week (or anytime) send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our prayer warriors will receive these, as well as Pastor Mike Meyer.