Join us for church tomorrow as Rev. Rich Boring leads us while Pastor Mike takes a well-earned break!
The Rock Ambassadors and Directors, along with Pastor Mike, have jointly determined to continue recorded online worship services through June. They continue to develop a plan following state guidelines for public worship that will be accompanied by a live webcast. Technology for the live webcast capability is being acquired and is expected to be in place by July.
If you have one of The Rock’s “He is Risen” signs you can take your sign and plant it in the rocks by the front entrance of the Rock. That’s where we will be collecting them. Thanks!
The Lutheran Chapel is looking for individuals interested in building a friendship with an international student online. They have many students from countries like China, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Iran, etc. who would really enjoy making an American friend. Volunteers would meet a student online for about 45 minutes, once a week, at a time that works for both them and the student.
This is a great opportunity to learn about another culture, share about our culture, and most importantly to share the Good News of Jesus Christ in the context of an ongoing friendship. If you are interested in this, please e-mail Mark at: email@example.com
We are going to be offering more “drive up” Holy Communion appointments in June for those who are interested. We ask you to stay in your cars for a two-part process of giving you a bag with your bread/wine as you drive up and then driving forward to pray with Pastor Mike. We are asking families to indicate which dates they will come, whether they will come at the top or bottom of the hour, and how many will be taking communion so we can prepare properly for each date.
Please respond by Sunday evening for Wednesday communion and by Wednesday noon for Saturday communion. Click here to make your reservation now so we can prepare properly.
Spring has sprung and the lawn at The Rock is growing! We try to mow and trim at least once a week. Please consider signing up for a week when you can mow and/or trim. If you can mow, but not trim, that’s okay. Or maybe you can trim, but not mow. That’s okay, too. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Mowing is generally done on Friday or Saturday. If you’re signing up to mow for the first time, you’ll be contacted and instructed how to get the mower and how to operate it. Click here to sign up and help us keep our lawn from becoming a jungle.
Join YogaFaith through Facebook Live! Since it looks like we will need to continue to practice social distancing for a while longer, YogaFaith will still be teaching via Facebook Live for the rest of April. Sara will teach on Friday, April 24 at 9:00 am, and Erika will teach on Tuesday, April 28 at 5:30 pm. Once May rolls around, we will review the situation again and decide how much longer we will need to offer class via Facebook. The classes are available live at the set times on “YogaFaith-Seward Private Member Group” found at the following link. https://www.facebook.com/groups/240000133788419/. If you are not already part of the group, click on the link and request to join.
With Facebook live, you will be able to see the instructor, but we will not be able to see you. Please feel free to comment or ask questions during the class. We will have one person teaching the class and another filming and watching for comments or questions. Also, since we can’t see you, you will need to be extra careful to make sure you are able to comfortably complete the class. If there are positions you aren’t sure of or aren’t comfortable with, don’t force anything. Send us a question, do an alternate, or just relax until the next pose.
We now have 4 giving options:
- You can mail your offering checks to us at: The Rock Church, PO Box 199, Seward, NE 68434
- Download the GivePlus app and give to The Rock using your smartphone. Enjoy the convenience of making credit or debit card donations as a guest user, or create an account to set up recurring donations and view your giving history.
- Give online through InFaith and your donation can be made via credit/debit card or Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) through your checking/savings account. Through a collaboration with the InFaith Community Foundation and Thrivent Financial, The Rock will not be assessed any fees if you give through this online portal.
- Joyful Response is a way for individuals to make their stewardship commitment to God through The Rock on a regular basis. They can determine the start and stop date of the giving as well as the intervals of payment. This is a simple way for each of us to support the ministry through The Rock. People can designate their gifts to be split out towards the general fund or maybe they want some money to go into a building fund or outreach fund.
- Click here for an electronic offering form. Forms need to be turned in to Rock treasurer Dave Kumm for processing. You can mail them to The Rock while we’re not gathering.
If you have any questions about The Rock, need information about our events, or anything else, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, if you have a prayer request to submit during the week (or anytime) send it to email@example.com. Our prayer warriors will receive these, as well as Pastor Mike Meyer.