Join us for church tomorrow, for part three of our new series, “Love Does.”
We are going to be offering “drive up” Holy Communion for those who are interested. We’re working on a safe process for packaging and handling the elements (gloves, masks, letting things sit for a few days) and then a two-part process of giving you a bag with your bread/wine as you drive up and then driving forward to pray with Pastor Mike. We’ll have three Saturday morning sessions and one Wednesday evening session available, and are asking families to indicate which dates they will come, whether they will come at the top or bottom of the hour, and how many will be taking communion so we can prepare properly for each date.
Please respond by Sunday evening for Wednesday communion and by Wednesday noon for Saturday communion. Click here to make your reservation now so we can prepare properly.
After prayerful consideration, hearing from our church body leaders, and reading through “Nebraska State Guidelines to Resume Worship,” The Rock leaders have decided to tentatively resume public (in-person) worship gatherings June 7th. We will visit each week about opening earlier than June 7th if restrictions change. Until then, The Rock will continue to stream worship each Sunday at 10. We will continue to provide some form of online worship once we resume Sunday services.
This was not an easy decision knowing people are on both sides about public gatherings. At this time there are many unanswered questions. Read more by clicking here to read the full announcement.
Spring has sprung and the lawn at The Rock is growing! We try to mow and trim at least once a week. Please consider signing up for a week when you can mow and/or trim. If you can mow, but not trim, that’s okay. Or maybe you can trim, but not mow. That’s okay, too. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Mowing is generally done on Friday or Saturday. If you’re signing up to mow for the first time, you’ll be contacted and instructed how to get the mower and how to operate it. Click here to sign up and help us keep our lawn from becoming a jungle.
We now have 4 giving options:
- You can mail your offering checks to us at: The Rock Church, PO Box 199, Seward, NE 68434
- Download the GivePlus app and give to The Rock using your smartphone. Enjoy the convenience of making credit or debit card donations as a guest user, or create an account to set up recurring donations and view your giving history.
- Give online through InFaith and your donation can be made via credit/debit card or Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) through your checking/savings account. Through a collaboration with the InFaith Community Foundation and Thrivent Financial, The Rock will not be assessed any fees if you give through this online portal.
- Joyful Response is a way for individuals to make their stewardship commitment to God through The Rock on a regular basis. They can determine the start and stop date of the giving as well as the intervals of payment. This is a simple way for each of us to support the ministry through The Rock. People can designate their gifts to be split out towards the general fund or maybe they want some money to go into a building fund or outreach fund.
- Click here for an electronic offering form. Forms need to be turned in to Rock treasurer Dave Kumm for processing. You can mail them to The Rock while we’re not gathering.
Join YogaFaith through Facebook Live! Since it looks like we will need to continue to practice social distancing for a while longer, YogaFaith will still be teaching via Facebook Live for the rest of April. Sara will teach on Friday, April 24 at 9:00 am, and Erika will teach on Tuesday, April 28 at 5:30 pm. Once May rolls around, we will review the situation again and decide how much longer we will need to offer class via Facebook. The classes are available live at the set times on “YogaFaith-Seward Private Member Group” found at the following link. https://www.facebook.com/groups/240000133788419/. If you are not already part of the group, click on the link and request to join.
With Facebook live, you will be able to see the instructor, but we will not be able to see you. Please feel free to comment or ask questions during the class. We will have one person teaching the class and another filming and watching for comments or questions. Also, since we can’t see you, you will need to be extra careful to make sure you are able to comfortably complete the class. If there are positions you aren’t sure of or aren’t comfortable with, don’t force anything. Send us a question, do an alternate, or just relax until the next pose.
It’s been a few years since we’ve asked our members to share their personal contact information with us. We’d like everyone, even if you’ve been members from the start or only occasionally gather with us for worship, to visit the form at this link and fill in as much personal information as possible. This information is for our leadership only. Your contact information will eventually be shared in a members’ directory that will be password protected, and you will have the opportunity to decide how much of your contact information will be public. If you have questions about how we’re keeping your information secure, send them to email@example.com and we’ll contact you as soon as possible.
If you have any questions about The Rock, need information about our events, or anything else, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, if you have a prayer request to submit during the week (or anytime) send it to email@example.com. Our prayer warriors will receive these, as well as Pastor Mike Meyer.