- Join us on Ash Wednesday, February 26, from 5:30-6:30 in the Rock Cafe for a Taco and Nacho Supper, followed by an Ash Wednesday family service at 6:30. A freewill offering will be taken to support the Guatemala Mission Team. (Ash Wednesday service includes the imposition of ashes.)
There will be no separate Stepping Stones or FaithInk that night. We ask parents to attend both the meal and service with their children.
- Annual giving statements are available in the Rock cafe.
- Join the Seward County Pro-Life Council on Saturday, March 14 at 7:00 at the Seward Civic Center auditorium for a special speaker addressing the topic “Conceived in Rape: From Worthless to Priceless.” Rebecca Kiessling is a pro-life speaker who will talk about her story of being conceived in rape, nearly aborted, but protected by the law and later adopted. Learn more about her story and organization, Save the 1, at their website.
- Concordia University, Nebraska’s Art Department will be holding Saturday School morning sessions for elementary and middle-level students to learn about and create art. The sessions will be taught by Concordia students enrolled in Methods of Art Education and observed by professor and department chairman Don Robson. The sessions, available to Pre-kindergarten through 8th grade students, are divided by age group. Each session will be based on a discipline-based art education unit plan, addressing art history, aesthetics, constructive criticism, and art making.
All sessions will run from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. The classes will be held on Concordia University’s campus in Brommer Art Center, Room 123. A $5.00 fee per student is required for registration and supplies. Each session has 25 seats available. Please dress your child in clothes that can get messy. The dates for Saturday Art School for Spring Semester, 2020 are: March 28: Pre-Kindergarten; April 4: Kindergarten; April 18: 1St & 2nd Grade; April 25: 3rd & 4th Grade; May 2: 5th – 8th Grade *Note: Registration is online. To register your child/children please follow this link: https://go.cune.edu/saturdayartspring20
- We need donated bags of ice melt to help keep our sidewalks and steps clear this winter. Please drop them off in the designated area to the left of the main stairs. Are you willing and able to help us clear sidewalks this winter? Contact Tim Moll or Tim Butler to volunteer. (High school students in need of service hours can log some by doing this!)
- Greeters are needed to welcome people on Sunday mornings to our worship service. No experience necessary! Sign up is easy — just visit this link to sign up. Pick the date(s) that work for you. On that date be here around 9:45 with a warm smile! Name tags are on the Cafe counter.
- Every month we collect items for the Blue Valley Community Action Pantry. The collection box is in The Rock cafe and our community appreciates your generosity. We’re collecting soup for the month of February.
- Join us for some faith growth opportunities on Sunday mornings before the service: Going Deeper meets in room 213, 8:45 with Pastor Mike.
- The Ladies’ Bible Study, Morning Amigas, meets from 10:00 to 11:30 on Thursdays in the Rock Cafe. Questions? Contact Karen Hoffbauer (email@example.com) or Marcia Newsome (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Everyone is welcome to YogaFaith – flow and stretch with Erika or Sara in Room 216 at The Rock (237 South 3rd). Join us for an all-levels Christian yoga class to help you focus and connect with Him while you strengthen, stretch and balance. Please bring a mat, if you are able, but we do have mats that you can borrow. Classes meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 5:30 p.m. and Fridays at 9:00 a.m. Also, on Sunday nights at 7:00 p.m., join us for a gentle and relaxing Candlelight YogaFaith class at The Rock. These classes focus on stretching and slow movements. They are Christ-centered, restful and appropriate for all levels. First class is free; after that it is $5.00 per class. Please arrive at least 5-10 minutes early in order to settle into your space.
If you have any questions about The Rock, need information about our events, or anything else, please contact us at email@example.com. Also, if you have a prayer request to submit during the week (or anytime) send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our prayer warriors will receive these, as well as Pastor Mike Meyer.