- Plan to stay after the service on September 29 for a “Family Favorites” potluck lunch, followed by a voters’ meeting to review and approve the 2019-20 ministry plan and review needed building repairs. Family Favorites Potluck Instructions: We are asking each family to bring two dishes. All families, please bring a main dish that is one of your family’s favorites. If your last name begins with A to N – please also bring a family favorite side dish or a salad. If your last name begins with O to Z – please also bring a family favorite dessert. Drinks and table service will be provided. Power strips will be available to plug in crock pots and the like. If you can’t bring food, join us anyway!
- 25 by 25: We recently launched a campaign to raise $25,000 by October 25 to cover some unanticipated building expenses. Brick repair is needed on the upper north exterior wall of the Rock facility. There are areas where water (and snow in the winter) are leaking through. The solution to this issue is tuck pointing to repair the brick at a cost of just under $21,000. Second, it is necessary to perform some maintenance on the elevator. The recent regular elevator inspection revealed that the elevator “jack” should be repacked at a cost of around $3,200. Rather than borrowing these funds to complete the necessary repairs, the Board of Directors believes it is best to conduct a short-term fundraising campaign. See the attached document for more information or come to a short informational meeting after worship this Sunday.
- It’s football season! Come join some of the men of The Rock at the Sparetime during football game halftime for devotions.
- ROCK Guatemala mission opportunity in SUMMER 2020! Come to a short information session on October 6 after worship to learn about an upcoming mission opportunity. It will be a short 15-20 minutes outlining what the trip would look like, dates, and costs. Jen Janousek and Pastor Mike will be your leaders.
- Renovations at the University Lutheran Chapel in Lincoln are nearly complete and they want you to join them on Sunday, October 27 for a dedication service and open house. A worship service will be held at 10:30 a.m., followed by lunch at noon, and an open house from 1:00-3:00 p.m. If you plan to attend the lunch portion of this day, please RSVP by Friday, October 18, either online at www.ndlcms.org/rsvp/ or by calling 402-643-2961. If you only plan to attend the open house, no RSVP is needed.
- Christ wants you to know who He is and what He has done for us. Concordia Publishing House is here to help you with that. We are dedicated to helping Christ’s families read, study, teach, and learn about the miracles that God has shown us. Our newest releases, such as the Portals of Prayer Devotional Bible, Enduring Faith Sunday School Curriculum, The Mighty and The Mysterious, and The Growing in Faith Bible Storybook, in addition to thousands of other resources, allow for families of all ages and stages to share in Christ’s love. CPH is overjoyed to be able to offer these resources for your family to grow with Christ for generations to come. To see all we have to offer, please visit us at cph.org.
- Every month we collect items for the Blue Valley Community Action Pantry. The collection box is in The Rock cafe and our community appreciates your generosity. We are now collecting boxed meals for September and we’ll start collecting rice in October. Thanks for being a blessing to the community of Seward!
- Join us for some faith growth opportunities on Sunday mornings before the service: Going Deeper meets in room 213, 8:45 with Pastor Mike. A 4 week couples’ study from “Simply One In Marriage” started on September 15th in room 217 starting at 8:45. More information about the study can be found here: http://simplyoneinmarriage.com/
- Ladies’ Bible Study, Morning Amigos, meets from 10:15 to 11:30 on Thursdays in the Rock Cafe. Questions? Contact Karen Hoffbauer (email@example.com) or Marcia Newsome (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Everyone is welcome to YogaFaith – flow and stretch with Erika or Sara in Room 216 at The Rock (237 South 3rd). Join us for an all-levels Christian yoga class to help you focus and connect with Him while you strengthen, stretch and balance. Please bring a mat, if you are able, but we do have mats that you can borrow. Classes meet on Tuesday and Thursday at 5:30 p.m. and Friday at 9:00 a.m. Also, on Sunday nights at 7:00 p.m., join us for a gentle and relaxing Candlelight YogaFaith class at The Rock. These classes focus on stretching and slow movements. They are Christ-centered, restful and appropriate for all levels. First class is free; after that it is $5.00 per class. Please arrive at least 5-10 minutes early in order to settle into your space.
Below you will find the September YogaFaith schedule. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Candlelight on Sundays at 7:00 pm – September 22, and 29
All Level YogaFaith on Tuesdays at 5:30 pm – September 24
All Level YogaFaith on Thursdays at 5:30 pm – September 26
All Level YogaFaith on Fridays at 9:00 am – September 27