- Rev. Dr. Fungchatou Lo will be a guest preacher this Sunday, Nov. 4 at The Rock. Rev. Lo and his family are serving the Lord in Thailand through Mission of Christ Network. Fung’s primary ministry is to improve the theological training that is currently going on with the Hmong pastors and leaders in Southeast Asia, where there are over two million Hmong who still don’t know Jesus. Learn more here.
- We’ll gather for a Rock Family Reunion Meal on Sunday, November 11 after church for a Thanksgiving feast! Please bring a dessert to share. All the rest will be provided. More information on Sunday!
- The Rock is planning a day trip to tour Mission Central in Mapleton, Iowa on Saturday, November 17, 2018. Mission Central is a training center and supporting agency for missionaries who have to raise 100% of their own support. There are several very interesting places to see there such as the roadside chapel, the Barn with many artifacts and worship area, Ministry Center, and the new Creation Theater. We will be treated to a free homemade hot lunch There is no cost for this trip except fuel for your car, as we will be carpooling. To find out more about Mission Central, visit their website at www.missioncentral.us.
If you have not been contacted about registering for this trip, please call Mary Kropf at 712-269-2035, or see her and Bob in the Cafe after church on Nov. 4 if you wish to go. We need to get you registered. The free Mission Central lunch registration cutoff date is absolutely Nov. 11. You may still register to go on the trip after that date, but you would need to bring your own sack lunch. It has been asked if you may bring someone who isn’t a member of The Rock, such as grown children or other family and friends. Yes, you may! They need to be registered with Mary and Bob for the trip and hot lunch, as well. There will be a brief meeting in the cafe after church this Sunday (Nov. 4) so that we can answer questions and hand out maps to those going to Mission Central.
- All through November, we’ll be collecting toothpaste for the Blue Valley Food Pantry item for October. The collection box is in The Rock cafe.
- We have faith growth opportunities on Sunday mornings: Going Deeper, room 213, 8:45 with Pastor Mike; Women’s study, room 217, 8:45, with Ann Schranz.
- Yoga at The Rock: Marge Rhodes is now teaching Yoga at The Rock on Thursdays at 5:30pm. All are welcome! YogaFaith with Sara Moll and Erika Rolf meets in Room 216 on the following dates: Tuesdays at 5:30 pm on Nov. 6, 13, 20, 27 (Erika). Fridays at 9:45 am on Nov. 2, 16, 23, 30 (Sara). Friday, Nov. 9 at 9:45 am (Erika). Everyone is welcome to join us for 1 hour long Christ centered yoga class – your first class is FREE! Please contact Sara at email@example.com if you have any questions. Also, find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/YogaFaith-Seward-256010628294784/ for more updates about other classes we offer.