- There will be no Stepping Stones or FaithInk on October 31.
- On Sunday, October 28, Orphan Grain Train will be at The Rock to share about their work and treat us to some grilled brats. Please bring a dessert and a side to share. Table service and drinks will be provided. We’ll gather again on Sunday, November 11 after church for a Thanksgiving feast! Please bring a dessert to share. All the rest will be provided. More information soon!
- October is Pastor Appreciation Month! Be sure to thank Pastor Meyer and his family for all they do for our forever family at The Rock!
- The Rock is planning a day trip to tour Mission Central in Mapleton, Iowa on Saturday, November 17, 2018. Mission Central is a training center and supporting agency for missionaries who have to raise 100% of their own support. It is an amazing place in the middle of a cornfield and runs strictly with volunteers. There are several very interesting places to see there such as the roadside chapel, the Barn with many artifacts and worship area, Ministry Center, and the new Creation Theater. We will be treated to a free homemade hot lunch or you may bring a sack lunch if you’d rather. There is no cost for this trip except fuel for your car, as we will be carpooling. Details are being worked on, and you will be contacted by a church member in the coming weeks. In the meantime, please check out Mission Central’s website at www.missioncentral.us
While you’re waiting to be contacted, questions may be directed to Pastor Mike or Bob and Mary Kropf (firstname.lastname@example.org or 712-269-2035). This is truly an event you won’t want to miss!!! Mark your calendars now!
- We’re still collecting boxed rice as our Blue Valley Food Pantry item for October. Add some to your shopping list and bring it along to bless others. The collection box is in The Rock cafe. Start preparing for November by adding toothpaste to your shopping lists and add some to the collection box next month.
- We have faith growth opportunities on Sunday mornings: Going Deeper, room 213, 8:45 with Pastor Mike; Women’s study, room 217, 8:45, with Ann Schranz.
- Yoga at The Rock: Marge Rhodes is now teaching Yoga at The Rock on Thursdays at 5:30pm. All are welcome! YogaFaith with Sara Moll and Erika Rolf meets in Room 216 on the following dates: Tuesdays at 5:30 pm October 30 – Erika teaches. Fridays at 9:45 am October 26 – Sara teaches. Join us for Christ centered Yoga – everyone is welcome and your first class is FREE! November schedule will be in the next church e-mail.
- Trinity Lutheran Church & School in Lincoln has an immediate opening for a full-time Property Manager responsible for the overall care of the church and school properties. Responsibilities include maintenance of electrical, plumbing, and mechanical systems; general repair of property and equipment; light construction projects and oversight of contracted services; coordinating building access and security; oversight of maintenance records and inventory; and facility cleanliness and grounds upkeep to ensure safety and aesthetic appearance. For more information and/or to submit an application, please contact the church office at 402-474-0606 or email@example.com.