Skip to content
- Our sermon series In Search of the Perfect You will continue this week when we learn about “The End of the Earthly You.” We’re always striving to make ourselves better–and that can be a good thing–but in the end there is always failure. Weight comes back, bodies fail, minds fail, jobs end. We all meet the same ultimate fate so putting all your efforts into finding the “perfect you” here on earth will lead to disappointment. So how do we focus on the perfect version of ourselves that God has planned for us?
- The Juniors godparents group will have a garage sale May 25th (from 1-8) and 26th (from 8-3) at 1150 Plainview Ave. All funds raised will be donated to World Vision to purchase Bibles and life saving medical supplies. They will also have a free will donation bake sale. Stop by when you’re out for the Seward community garage sale. Questions? Contact Jacquelyn or Matthew Schranz.
- Our Blue Valley Food Pantry item for May is Kleenex. Drop some off in the collection box in the cafe at any time during May. If you still have paper towels to give (our April item), you can bring those in as well. Thanks for your generosity!
- The Concordia University Men’s Basketball Team would like to invite all boys entering grades 3rd thru 12th to the Concordia Basketball Skills Camp on June 4th-6th. Campers learn the fundamentals of basketball in a fun, competitive, and Christian environment. Held in the beautiful Walz Human Performance Complex, this camp includes basketball skill development, team and individual competitions with kids of similar age, and much more. Register online or download the brochure by clicking here, or call 402-643-7310 for more information.
- We have faith growth opportunities on Sunday mornings: Going Deeper, room 213, 8:45 with Pastor Mike; Women’s study, room 217, 8:45, with Ann Schranz.
- Women’s Midweek Bible Study: If you are free in the mornings, there is a Bible Study open to all women. We meet every Thursday morning from 10:15 am-11:30 am in the Rock Café. There is no homework! We study a Proverbs 31 devotion and usually have time for prayer. We would love to have you join us. Please email Sara Moll at email@example.com if you are interested in joining us or if you have any questions.
- Yoga at The Rock: Starting May 25th, there will be a new YogaFaith class offered on Friday mornings at 9:45-10:45 am. This class is an all-levels Christian Yoga class. Please bring a mat! Classes cost $5.00 but your first class is FREE. If you have any questions please email Sara Moll at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also offered at The Rock is Yoga with Marge on Thursday at 5:30 pm and YogaFaith with Erika and Sara on Tuesday at 5:30 pm.