1. Nicodemus, our amazing comfort dog, turned 2 this week! We’re going to celebrate his birthday with a potluck lunch after the service this Sunday (April 8). The Rock and Nicodemus will provide table service, drinks, and cake. We hope that you will provide the rest! Those with last names starting with A-M, please bring a main dish and a side dish to share. Those with names ending in N-Z, please bring a main dish and a salad (fruit or vegetable) to share. But even if you can’t bring something to share, please do stay with us and join the celebration. We’ll also have a basket to collect any donations you might want to make to help support Nico’s ministry here in Seward and beyond.
2. Thanks to all who joined us for Easter breakfast and donated to help support our youth as they plan to attend the upcoming 2019 National Youth Gathering. To learn more about this event, talk with Pastor Mike or Kim Myers. Tom and Sue Briggs and Tim and Sara Moll can also share information on what it was like to be an adult leader for our teens at the 2016 Gathering. Teens who will be entering 9th grade in the 2019 school year, through those who have just graduated that summer will be eligible to attend with us in July 2019 in Minneapolis.
3. We have faith growth opportunities on Sunday mornings: Going Deeper, room 213, 8:45 with Pastor Mike; Women’s study, room 217, 8:45, with Ann Schranz.
4. The next ACCESS The Rock event is scheduled for April 22, 11:30a-1:00p, in the Rock Café. This is one way that people can 1) learn about the Mission, Vision, and Values of the Rock, 2) learn what The Rock believes, teaches and confesses regarding God’s Word of the Bible, and 3) learn what it means to be a disciple/member of the forever family at The Rock. Those interested should indicate their intent in one of the following ways: by signing up in the Rock Café on the counter, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 402-643-6624.
5. Current college students! Enter a drawing with Thrivent Financial’s Student Resources for your chance to get a $5,000 scholarship. No membership necessary. The first drawing is April 2, so enter now! https://offer.
thriventstudentresources.com/ scholarship Check out their website for lots of free resources for student financial planning.
6. Our Blue Valley Food Pantry item for April is paper towels. Drop some off in the collection box in the cafe at any time during April. Thanks for your generosity!
7. If you wish to dive deeper into a study about the names of God that we have been learning about in our series “What’s in a Name?” check out the book Praying the Names of Jesus by Ann Spangler.